who would u guys arther they draft mcpherson or alex smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who would u guys arther they draft mcpherson or alex smith

If he comes out, HELL YEA! can prolly get him for a 3rd rounder, guy is super talented!

PhinDude88 said:
:confused:
I think he means,

Adrian McPherson,
used to be the FloridaState QB rookie season, got into trouble for gambling, he played in the arena leauge for the Indiana Firebirds and LIT UP THE LEAUGE!

i would rather have smith bc he doesnt have all the off field problems. im sick of that ****. drugs, roids, whatever cecil collins did, all that ****. i just want a good kid. but mcpherson is a better player

Finsletmedown said:
I think he means,

Adrian McPherson,
used to be the FloridaState QB rookie season, got into trouble for gambling, he played in the arena leauge for the Indiana Firebirds and LIT UP THE LEAUGE!

I want to say it was his Sophomore year not Freshman.

woody1351 said:
i would rather have smith bc he doesnt have all the off field problems. im sick of that ****. drugs, roids, whatever cecil collins did, all that ****. i just want a good kid. but mcpherson is a better player

He hasn't committed a crime since his gambling days, I'd be scared if he was a wife beater, or had a history, but I'd take the risk of him.

I really think Adrian is more talented then MikeVick

A guy like Mcpherson probably isn't worth an extremely early pick. He's a wild card for sure, and I'll admit I haven't really heard of him recently, although i knew he had gone to the AFL to play under Steve Deberg I think.

Neither. Smith isn't leaving & only has an average arm, which is something our offense can't handle. And no to McPherson because of his character.

outtawack311 said:
We have to draft him? I didnt know you still had to draft people from arena league. Whats the rule on that?

You have to be 3 years removed from HS to enter the NFL draft no matter what.

the threat of the read option makes alex smith look great, but he's usually facing single coverage or only has to read one side of the field when he passes. his arm isn't that strong, and he's a little on the skinny side. on the plus side, he's a winner and a great leader, and he takes care of the football.

mcpherson has all the physical tools in the world but a lot of teams will hold off on him b/c of his off-field problem. he takes care of the football well too, and that is especially tough playing the cracker jack box. one thing i noticed at fsu is that he wasn't a good crunch time qb, but he may have had a reason not to be good in crunch time, hate to say.

all that said, if the org. doesn't take leinart with #2, i'd go for mcpherson

Back
Top Bottom