Whoa, A New Sparano?

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by phinasota, Jun 13, 2012.

1. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

2. ry-dbar

ry-dbar Well-Known Member Donator

I think he's the same ol' meatball. Yelling at Tebow to look for his check down.

3. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Wrong forum but I'll bite anyway.

Is this a new thing in 2012 where players are supposed to pay attention to details? Who knew?

4. PyroDOLFAN

PyroDOLFAN Seasoned Veteran Donator

I think Tebow is gonna give Sparano a heart attack...you can't expect Tebow to methodically drive down the field, run out the clock, and keep the drive alive. The ONLY way Tebow can win is by just taking any chance he can get....I'd say about 30% of his plays that actually WORKED last year were the designed play called in from the booth.

He'll be in a straight jacket by November if Tebow starts

5. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

Sparano looks more like a New York guy than a Florida guy. Hopefully he screws up the Jets the same way he screwed up the Dolphins.

6. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

Yet Tim Tebow did that a number of times for game winning scores. And then against teams...like us...he then ran in the 2 point conversion.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

This will be interesting. I really do not think that Tebow threw one check down pass last season. It is one reason his completion percent was so low. Otherwise, he had the same YPA average as Sanchez did with more longer completions.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

was he calling plays in Miami?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

once someone leaves the dolphins they get blamed for everything. First it was BP and once he was gone Miami was going to succeed, then it was Henning and now it's Sparano. After this season and Ireland is gone it will have been his fault then Philbin 2 years later and the cycle continues.

8. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2013 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

why would coaches from playoff teams get fired?

10. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

The Jets are blaming most of last season's problems on Brian Schottenheimer. Sometimes simply a new face can help. I think a big part of this was that players and fans had come to dislike Brian Schottenheimer for whatever reasons and he simply had to go for them to start over again.

This is a good spot for Sparano because he was overwhelmed as a HC not to mention he lived here for a year with Ross looking to replace him and then expecting to be fired any day.

I go to a couple of Jet's boards and they say that on one hand Brian Schottenheimer's offnese was too complex but then also too simple. They had 5 formations, a lot of movement, different packages to run only the same 4 pass routes out of. (I'm very interested in seeing how Brian Schottenheimer does with the Rams).

Then they say that Sparano keeps things simple but also has a lot of "ideas". I try to explain to them that Sparano did not come up with the Wildcat and I thought that Tebow will be used in the same spread option as in Denver but at least so far (and it is early) Sparano does seem to be using the Wildcat. The Jet's Wildcat will not have Sanchez in it with nothing to do. It will be a better formation simply having the "QB playing WR" part out of it.

But it kind of shows Sparano as a plodder, thinking way back inside the box.

I expect a lot of ground and pound out of Sparano. It is what the Jets were doing best until they decided to have Sanchez try to win games for them last season and the fell apart.

11. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

No, he did not. This is one reason we thought him being hired as a OC was odd. But here he was trying to be a head coach which was too much for him like it is for most people. If he does well with the Jets as a OC, he could win another HC job one day.

12. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

Consider the moron who wrote that piece. Had Tony agreed to work for Philbin instead of Sherman (heaven forbid), I guarantee you that this under-qualfied hack who used to cover the mighty Browns remotely for a Columbus paper (not even getting the OSU assignment) that ESPN plucked out of obscurity would have taken the polar opposite critical tact.

13. Ben Had

Ben Had FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Kinda like your ex OC's dad?

14. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

The Jets are not a playoff team.

15. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Actually yes, there were a bunch of times when the meatball called plays in Miami...

Also, not sure what you mean, when someone leaves Miami they get blamed.. We were blaming Meatball, and Parcells WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Please do not post on things you know absolutely nothing about.

16. dolpns13

Miami, Jets, and Bills are all equally as good/bad, right now. Noone stands out above the other two. Could be that the only team to get in from the AFCE are the Rats. I still give the edge to buffalo because of their defense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  17. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Hmmm, I told you guys from the start BP wasn't a good GM type and I was bashed. You guys LOVED him for the first 2 years. Same thing w/ Tony, I had many people telling me how much better of a coach he was than rex so I know what I'm talking about. Going into last year the scapegoat was your former OC, w/o him you were going to take off. That's the line this year now that Tony is gone and it was the same after all the recent coaches left and will be the same when philbin leaves.

You can say that all day long but it's just not true. There is a clear pecking order in paper- NE, NYJ, Buf, Mia

Does paper guarantee anything? No, anything can happen but going into the season it's quite clear how the teams shake out.

18. dolpns13

Not true on both counts hip hop... I for one loved the hire in the first year, second year began to hate it, third year totally hated it.. Show me the rule that says I must love a new hire for their entire tenure. You will feel the same way about Meatball when he is fired year 3. You'll be begging for Schottenhiemer back.

Your pecking order is only made from clear delusions f granduer, if you believe that..

19. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

So you admit you loved it early on, right? what are you arguing? Just like Tony, just like BP, just like the one before him, just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and over.

I liked our last OC, I don't scapegoat him. We had many problems on O, he gets his share but I'm not naive to think it was all on him. We'll see what happens w/ Tony, i'm confident in our talent.

20. dolpns13

Your arguement is that we love the guysright up until they leave, then after they leave we hate them... Which I said isnt true... Again I hated Sparano and BP WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Also, I hated DC before and after he came and went.. The vast majority of us didnt like any of the guys you mention before and after they were here so youre arguement has no basis.

Problem with your talent is the guy you have coaching it!

21. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

But you also loved them while they were there, you eventually soured on them turning them into the scapegoats. It's the same cycle, we went through this w/ the Jets for a long time. I know exactly what you have been going through.

22. dolpns13

Wrong again.. I loved them for less than half the time they were here... Isnt that the natural order when someone completely sucvks at their job? They sucked while they were here so why wouldnt you turn on them. Majority of Jets fans loved schottenhiemer when he became OC and hated him when he left. How is this different. Sparano and BP are considered skapegoats because because they had no idea what they were doing. That said, they arent skapegoats in the true sense of the word. They are slapegoats because they are the reason for failure

23. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Actually the majority have hated Schottnehimer almost from day 1. I wasn't one of them, I still like him, I think Bradfrod is going to breakout this year under him.

The point is one day you guys call someone great and when it appears their time is coming to an end you blame everything on them and then you call the new guy great.

Sparano and BP did inherit a 1-15 team, can we not forget that? Miami had missed 6 straight postseasons and in year 1 you won a div title w/ them so it's not like they took over a great franchise and ran it into the ground. Miami was better after they left than when they took over.

24. dolpns13

Obviously.. There really isnt anywhere to go but up when youre 1-15. The likelyhood of them to do great thinks was far higher than them getting worse than 1-15. If youre satisfied with 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10 thats your perogative... The best they could do is 6-10 and by your arguement, that satifyes you had it been the Jets with these records

25. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

They didn't get the job done and deserved to lose their jobs, my point is the way you are bashing them you are making them out to be Rich Kotite of Cam Cameron. They did some good in Miami.

26. desperado23

desperado23 Member

:thumbup:

27. dolpns13

Bottom line is they failed. Just like Kotite and Cameron.. Maybe not as bad, but they still failed.

28. DuderinoN703

Uh....Henne, Beck, Daunte, etc. did suck. Where's the argument?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They didn't do anything good in Miami. They were 11-5 b/c Brady was hurt. They then got beat like always in the PO by BAL then proceeded to go 10 games under .500 the next 3 years.

That is doing nothing.

29. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

They did but I was told w/ each guy how good they were going to be, I don't know if you were here when you got Daunte but I got killed on here and of course everything I said turned out to be true as he was horrible. Daunte was a very overrated QB in Minnesota, just a #s guy.

we were 9-7 when Brady got hurt and we had more talent so they did something. You did win the division b/c Brady got hurt but you would have won 10-11 regardless and that's a little better than 1 win, right?

30. Kinzua

Kinzua Banned Hammered

Fixed that for ya! :thumbup:

31. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!

32. DuderinoN703

If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.

33. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.

34. DuderinoN703

I don't remember the discussion about Culpepper but I'm sure people gave you **** for doubting him b/c that's how people are here. They don't want to hear anything negative about their team.

35. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.

36. Kinzua

Kinzua Banned Hammered

What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.

37. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.

I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.

38. DuderinoN703

All with the same amount of Super Bowl wins too

39. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

And he's 0-3 in those title games..... Somehow, that's fine with you.......

40. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Junc loves mediocrity even more so than most of the homers here. He's going to cling to Sanchez and Rex until the very end knowing damn well it's never going to work.