WHOA, Carson Palmer out until JULY!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHOA, Carson Palmer out until JULY!!!!

CirclingWagons said:
cheap shot...everytime i see the replay i'm more and more convinced....I hope Freeney returns the favor next week

I don't know what replay you are watching. That didn't look like a cheap shot to me.

Tough break. Much respect for Palmer.

chris84chambers said:
yah there saying 10-12 months
Not what I heard. ESPN was saying that it was a clean tear and that he will be out for about 5 months and will be back for the start of training camp.

CirclingWagons said:
cheap shot...everytime i see the replay i'm more and more convinced....I hope Freeney returns the favor next week

That was not a cheap shot. It was obvious that the Steeler did not mean to do it. What replay were you watching?

CirclingWagons said:

What the hell are you talking about. I really don't know what replay you are watching but he was blocked into Palmer and simply tried to wrap his arm around Palmer's lower leg to make a tackle.

Poor guy. I have had that very same injury playing outside linebacker. It ended my college hopes. I am hoping he can come back, period.

To me it really didn't look like he was blocked into Palmer. When the defender got deep enough in the pocket he simply fell off the block trying to make a hit. It wasn't necessary, but all defenders do it.

The defender was very upset when he looked at Palmer. It almost looked like he was in distraught when he knew what he did. He stuck around Palmer when he was injured. They showed the whole thing many times. I believe the defender genuinely did not mean to do that. I don't think this was a cheap shot at all.

I really like Carson Palmer and hope he can get back at full power next year. Lucky for him it was a clean tear and will not need reconstructive surgery.

CirclingWagons said:

There's no evidence that it was a cheap shot. It might look like that at first glance but the opponent looked genuinely bummed when he realized Palmer wasn't getting up.

RobFins2005 said:
K, guys, those of you claiming 10-12 months are going to have to post a link. I just visited NFL.com and see no posting of an MCL tear anywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2285316 is all I can find on ESPN, which is quoted from Associated Press.

they said today on NFL today that there were 2 tears, both were clean, and he should be ready to go in 5 months.

Nappy Roots said:
they said today on NFL today that there were 2 tears, both were clean, and he should be ready to go in 5 months.

I always love news stories. I hear 50 different things.

still, I'd believe this more than 10-12 months. I've heard that NOWHERE. :)

I think Von Oelhoff was the guy who rolled over Palmer's leg....there is no way he would have done this on purpose...he got blocked back into Palmer and it was not a cheap shot.

Back
Top Bottom