whos getting the #1 pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whos getting the #1 pick?

if houston goes 1 i think they take D'Brickashaw
if San Fran they take D'brick or reggie bush but they do have barlow and gore so might not take bush though hes hard to pass up
if Saints id guess lienart

if the niners have the #1 pick, they should draft leinart

here's why:

let's say the jets are #2 behind san francisco in the draft order. now, since the niners have alex smith, everyone knows they won't draft a QB, so the jets will just sit and let leinart fall in their lap. san fran takes leinart, and the jets are forced to trade their #2 pick, as well as another pick, for the rights of leinart. and even if san fran DOESN'T draft leinart, the threat that they will put that move is too great for other teams, so they can easily get a trade down from other teams, especially whoever is at #2 (in this case, the jets) so they can get reggie bush

it all depends on who is #2 or #3, because i think san fran really wants reggie bush, so they can't trade down TOO far

kastofsna120 said:

here's why:

let's say the jets are #2 behind san francisco in the draft order. now, since the niners have alex smith, everyone knows they won't draft a QB, so the jets will just sit and let leinart fall in their lap. san fran takes leinart, and the jets are forced to trade their #2 pick, as well as another pick, for the rights of leinart. and even if san fran DOESN'T draft leinart, the threat that they will put that move is too great for other teams, so they can easily get a trade down from other teams, especially whoever is at #2 (in this case, the jets) so they can get reggie bush

it all depends on who is #2 or #3, because i think san fran really wants reggie bush, so they can't trade down TOO far

There is a ZERO % chance the 9ers take Lienart. Your telling me the 49ers are going to spend two consecutive #1 picks on QB's? That would be one of the stupidiest moves in NFL history. They would be paying out huge contracts to 2 QBs, obviously one would be backup.

kastofsna120 said:
lmao, did you read ANYTHING I WROTE IN THAT POST????? jesus christ

I read it and it didn't make sense to me either.

SF would trade the pick to someone before they ever drafted Leinert and then tried to trade him or Smith.

you somehow thought that i said the niners would pay leinart. think of it like eli manning and philip rivers from a year ago. they'd keep smith, and trade the RIGHTS to leinart on draft day, probably only a few minutes after drafting him. that way, they get reggie bush, as WELL as an additional draft pick from whoever trades for leinart at the #2 spot. the chargers got another #1 pick out of it, and they wanted rivers all along anyway. it was a brilliant move

Houston still has to play numerous tough teams....i cant see them winning 4 games at this point. Looks like Dom Capers is out (why did they even hire him?)

kastofsna120 said:
you somehow thought that i said the niners would pay leinart. think of it like eli manning and philip rivers from a year ago. they'd keep smith, and trade the RIGHTS to leinart on draft day, probably only a few minutes after drafting him. that way, they get reggie bush, as WELL as an additional draft pick from whoever trades for leinart at the #2 spot. the chargers got another #1 pick out of it, and they wanted rivers all along anyway. it was a brilliant move

no... because its totally different than the chargers situation...

the chargers were going to take a QB anyway so they could haggle and get a lot out of the trade...

if the niners take lienart no team is going to give up a lot for him because they know the niners cant keep him and alex smith... the niners wouldn't have the bargening power than the chargers had...

arsenal said:
no... because its totally different than the chargers situation...

the chargers were going to take a QB anyway so they could haggle and get a lot out of the trade...

if the niners take lienart no team is going to give up a lot for him because they know the niners cant keep him and alex smith... the niners wouldn't have the bargening power than the chargers had...
the theory only works if a team really wants leinart. since he's clearly the best QB in this draft, that makes sense that a team would give up something for him

no way the Jets take lienart..too much money invested in chad...what 60 some million...and unlike SD where rivers is tradeable, chad is not

kastofsna120 said:

here's why:

There is too much risk involved there. The 9ers GM would have to have some huge balls to pull the trigger on that. Their leverage is gonna have to come from two teams wanting Leinart bad.

My Bottom TEN........with Houston getting the first pick.

10. Miami 7-9
9. Detroit 7-9
8. Baltimore 6-10
7. Tenn 6-10
6. Cleveland 5-11
5. Arizona 5-11
4. NY Jets 5-11
3. New Orleans 4-12
2. San Fran 3-13
1. Houston 1-15

Roman529 said:
My Bottom TEN........with Houston getting the first pick.

10. Miami 7-9
9. Detroit 7-9
8. Baltimore 6-10
7. Tenn 6-10
6. Cleveland 5-11
5. Arizona 5-11
4. NY Jets 5-11
3. New Orleans 4-12
2. San Fran 3-13
1. Houston 1-15
Very realistic and poerahps even likely... I just hope you're wrong about #10 being in the Top 10. Also, I would squeeze GB in there some where and maybe even Oakland even though they aren't a bad team, they've just had one of the hardest schedules and I don't see them winning more than 7 games in their division, but definitely Green Bay. They only have two Wide Receivers on their depth chart pending Robert Ferguson's injury and Ahman Green is done for the season... sadly if healthy they may very well be the best team in the NFC North, BY FAR.

NO will have the #1 pick. They will pick Lienart and NO will move to los angeles. This will be the best scenario.

the niners, they are just terrible, i watched the game against the skins, they could probobly lose to some c. football teams:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom