Why are Dolphins so high on Lamar Miller? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Dolphins so high on Lamar Miller?

I love how everyone is ready to roll with a very inexperienced backfield for a 2nd year QB. This added with some who don't believe we need much to add to the WR core astounds me.

We need at least a Vet RB backup to add....not sure who is out there, but this overconfidence in Miller who we really didn't see that much of is crazy.

4.9 yards a carry period, I think they see him developing even more this year.

The problem with Reggie is he seems to be doing more and more dancing rather than taking what is given.

They have to smartly manage the salary cap and if Miller can do as well or better carrying the ball, and they don't intend to use the HB as a big part of the passing game....then Reggie is not worth the money spent. We're not talking about Adrian Peterson here, Reggie is a good player...he is not a great player.

We saw that average trickle down as the season wen't on . . . I don't think it is wise of Miami to just use that as a barometer in thinking he can replicate the things that Reggie Bush does. He is clearly an inferior option in the passing game and we saw later in the year just how dynamic Reggie is in that department.

To say Reggie is not worth the money spent isn't fair . . . he's the one pure playmaker this team has and he can do it in several ways. He's a leader in every sense of the word and has been the "ideal" teammate from day 1. Look I'm not saying you give him AP money, but lowballing him like he is some kind of joke isn't right either. We absolutely do need to be smart with our cap . . . and if the team honestly believe Lamar Miller is the answer, from what he has shown in real games and practice . . . then the smart move would be to let Reggie walk . . . however, it is speculation at best to know what the team thinks about Miller . . . and I clearly remember games that Daniel Thomas would be out and Miller wouldn't even see the ball and I kept wondering, why isn't Lamar in the game . . . because Thomas puts dents into Reggie's totals when he is there.

I guess we will truly see what direction the team goes in a few days.

Then you really don't watch football do you? better? this kid is a stud, did you not see the moves and the explosiveness he has? he gos to and through the line of scrimmage and not dance to it.

Agree. Miller is as advertized. I have watched him since his days at the U and have been impressed with his style since the first carry.

We honestly haven't seen enough . . . I saw the kid for 2 solid years at UM and he was often sluggish and wen't down easy. Not to say I "knew" potential was there because he would literally shine at Spring Games and practices . . . then again so would Mike James (who's eligible this year and would give us some thunder and lightning if we don't decide to keep Reggie). When I see Duke Johnson at Miami . . . now that is explosive . . . and I never saw Lamar Miller look close to what Duke Johnson looks like. Miller did hit homeruns at the U, no doubt, but he'd often get tackled for a loss or no gain because he just didn't hit the hole that hard.

Now that being said, I saw a more "hungry" runner last season when he came in to games and he looked like a guy I wanted to see more of . . . why we did not, even when Thomas went down . . . I have no idea.

Then you should be screaming for Johnson when he becomes eligible. We have Miller, we don't have Johnson. Why compare a college player to a now two year NFL player?
Miller was reliable from the very first time he touched the football. He has great vision and takes the hole he sees right away. I love Reggie, but I found myself hating his style of running. East and west does not make yards.
Miller runs north and south and if he sees east or west, it is to juke the defender.
Miller is the real deal and anyone watching the Hurricanes play with him in the back field knows this to be the case.

I love how everyone is ready to roll with a very inexperienced backfield for a 2nd year QB. This added with some who don't believe we need much to add to the WR core astounds me.

We need at least a Vet RB backup to add....not sure who is out there, but this overconfidence in Miller who we really didn't see that much of is crazy.

Inexperienced? DT Thomas, inexperienced? Lamar Miller, inexperienced? You make it sound like a player has to be in the league for 10 years to be called "experienced"? Do you actually watch the games?

Lots of teams have the balls to start rookies at QB and wow, even some teams start two and three year running backs.

They wanted to see what they had in Daniel Thomas, while using up a player that they knew wasn't going to be here in 2013 in Reggie Bush. They allowed Lamar Miller to see the field with limited touches, but more so used 2012 to let him develop. Business decision, and a wise one at that.

I've been wanting them to bring back Reggie this entire time until now. Lamar Miller was extremely talented coming out of college a year ago. Most experts had him possibly being drafted in the first round, most likely second round. We were some how able to get him in the fourth. He had a limited sample size in his rookie season, but he produced.

Talented HB + Cheap + Hardly any mileage = Give him the rock and let him go.

I've been wanting them to bring back Reggie this entire time until now. Lamar Miller was extremely talented coming out of college a year ago. Most experts had him possibly being drafted in the first round, most likely second round. We were some how able to get him in the fourth. He had a limited sample size in his rookie season, but he produced.

Talented HB + Cheap + Hardly any mileage = Give him the rock and let him go.

Most experts did not have him as a first rounder but yes some did. He was good value in 4th

We saw that average trickle down as the season wen't on . . . I don't think it is wise of Miami to just use that as a barometer in thinking he can replicate the things that Reggie Bush does. He is clearly an inferior option in the passing game and we saw later in the year just how dynamic Reggie is in that department.

To say Reggie is not worth the money spent isn't fair . . . he's the one pure playmaker this team has and he can do it in several ways. He's a leader in every sense of the word and has been the "ideal" teammate from day 1. Look I'm not saying you give him AP money, but lowballing him like he is some kind of joke isn't right either. We absolutely do need to be smart with our cap . . . and if the team honestly believe Lamar Miller is the answer, from what he has shown in real games and practice . . . then the smart move would be to let Reggie walk . . . however, it is speculation at best to know what the team thinks about Miller . . . and I clearly remember games that Daniel Thomas would be out and Miller wouldn't even see the ball and I kept wondering, why isn't Lamar in the game . . . because Thomas puts dents into Reggie's totals when he is there.

I guess we will truly see what direction the team goes in a few days.
I personally would have no problem with Thomas being gone, but I would like to see Bush stay. I really think he could be used much more effectively and would like to see him much more involved in the passing game. When he has some room he can be very dangerous, and certainly a playmaker. Lots of people criticize his "dancing" but I really think some (not all) of this is because there is no hole. With him moving around and involved in the passing game on screens and so forth I think he can be very valuable. He has all the intangibles, and is really pretty low mileage for his age. I, for one, would really like to have him back.

Agree. Miller is as advertized. I have watched him since his days at the U and have been impressed with his style since the first carry.

Then you should be screaming for Johnson when he becomes eligible. We have Miller, we don't have Johnson. Why compare a college player to a now two year NFL player?
Miller was reliable from the very first time he touched the football. He has great vision and takes the hole he sees right away. I love Reggie, but I found myself hating his style of running. East and west does not make yards.
Miller runs north and south and if he sees east or west, it is to juke the defender.
Miller is the real deal and anyone watching the Hurricanes play with him in the back field knows this to be the case.

Inexperienced? DT Thomas, inexperienced? Lamar Miller, inexperienced? You make it sound like a player has to be in the league for 10 years to be called "experienced"? Do you actually watch the games?

Lots of teams have the balls to start rookies at QB and wow, even some teams start two and three year running backs.

Obviously you dont watch games if you didn't see how Miller didn't pick up the blitz last year. Know what you talk about before questioning someone else. If you want DT to be our experiece behind the line, you know nothing about the game.

If we let Bush walk, I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Jackson or Turner at a fair price to give Miller a break. We could also use them on the goal line (unless they think Lane can take on that role).

If we let Bush walk, I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Jackson or Turner at a fair price to give Miller a break. We could also use them on the goal line (unless they think Lane can take on that role).

If we bring in Jackson, he will be doing more than giving Miller a break. He would be the one getting majority of touches. Turner would be the guy just to give a break and goaline IMO.

One thing that could be a concern is the injury issue. They knew he had shoulder issues. They might have wanted to change running style and give the shoulder time to heal-strenghten without the pounding. In my mind this pick was a future pick, hence the reason his talent outshined his eventual draft position. The guy was a talent in many peoples views. Injury and ready to play issues along with the postions value in todays game caused a drop, not talent or predicted productivness.

Lamar Miller's talent didn't outshine his draft position. There were at least 4 backs drafted after Miller that were better, and outproduced him as a result. Why Miami didn't select one of those backs instead is the real head scratcher. In fact, he didn't even live up to his 4th round billing considering the compensation for Ireland's trade up.

I just hope he is in the weight room right now. I like his running style but he is no Frank Gore or Stephen Jackson. He hits the hole hard but if someone is there, he goes down.

Lamar Miller does not pound people, he does not run them over, he does not bring the pain (nor does Reggie) - but I like his wiggle and his burst through the hole.

Back
Top Bottom