Why are Fin's Meeting With Young? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Fin's Meeting With Young?

they just want to look at him b/c of his athleticism and want to evaluate him and see what they think of his talents. they need to make sure they arent missing something big just scouts being scouts.

Perfect23 said:
He is gonna be terrible in the NFL he is gonna be another Andre Ware or even Kordell Stewart.
Young will have a way more productive NFL career than Ware or Stewart (not that Stewarts career was all that bad). Did you happen to watch the Rose Bowl? The guy beat arguably one of the best collegiate teams of alltime (USC had 1 loss in two years) and he led the NCAA in passing his senior year, playing against damn good opponents. He has all the tools...yeah, maybe he scored a stupid on the Wunderlich test, and that`s freaking a few people out, but he`s the real deal.

Perfect23 said:
He is gonna be terrible in the NFL he is gonna be another Andre Ware.

did you ever see andre ware play? if so, tell me the similarities b/w ware and young.

trainwreck said:
Found this on KFFL, seems kind of odd. Vince would NEVER last until #16.

Dolphins | Team looking to meet with V. Young
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:47:34 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports NFL draft analyst Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, said Saturday, March 25, on Sirius Satellite Radio the Miami Dolphins have scheduled a visit with University of Texas QB Vince Young in South Florida April 9 and 10. The Dolphins, who declined comment about Young, host about 20 to 25 college players on pre-draft visits. It still seems unlikely that Young would be available when the Dolphins select at No. 16.

What up Train,
yeah that is kind of odd, but you know Saban Mr. Mastermind

It's possible, albeit unlikely, Young falls to No. 16. Nevetheless, Saban is just preparing for anything. That's what smart coaches do. No need to read any more into the situation.

I guarantee you that if for some:mdfin: :mdfin: reason Vince Young falls to the 16th pick, Saban will draft him in a second. Young would be the best player available and he would be ours. :couch2:

Perfect23 said:
He is gonna be terrible in the NFL he is gonna be another Andre Ware or even Kordell Stewart.

Do you think you could consult your crystal ball again and let us know who wins the Superbowl next year? :confused:

BrazForPhins said:
imho that's to make teams picking behind us, interested in young, think about trading up with us, in case he slips draft day. just that

I think this is exactly the case. We have a new QB, somehow if VY was still there we would have to convince those after us that covet him that we WILL take him. It the threat of him not making it past us can be passed off as real, we might gain a tradeing partner that did not exist before.

What a delima that would be eh?

I just read the same thing on the Sun Sentinal website. I Hope Saban and Mueller are smokescreening on this one. We have other needs right now. And after spending a 2nd on Daunte, a probowler, why would we want to waste a 1st on an unproven Qb? I feel best available Db/Lb is the way to go with our 1st.

cnc66 said:
I think this is exactly the case. We have a new QB, somehow if VY was still there we would have to convince those after us that covet him that we WILL take him. It the threat of him not making it past us can be passed off as real, we might gain a tradeing partner that did not exist before.

What a delima that would be eh?

Imagine if he did fall to us and we traded out of that spot and Daunte never really recovers from his injury while Young becomes everything Mike Vick should be and better!

Still, thats improbable and as has been said it due dilligence to check a number of players. If you check the top 20-25 players in the draft then at no. 16, one of these guys will fall to you and you can select BPA or whatever with a good knowledge of the player.

because he will be available when we pick TRUST....and

Back
Top Bottom