Why are Fin's Meeting With Young? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Fin's Meeting With Young?

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Becasue we are giving up #16 and next years 1st and 3rd to get him. Watch!!!! It will happen.

what are you talking about...I'm missing something...hep me out bro...

cnc66 said:
I think this is exactly the case. We have a new QB, somehow if VY was still there we would have to convince those after us that covet him that we WILL take him. It the threat of him not making it past us can be passed off as real, we might gain a tradeing partner that did not exist before.

What a delima that would be eh?

I think that's it as well. He's doing it just in case Young does slip and another team might want to trade up.

We need more draft picks. Anyone notice how many the Patriots have, compared to we've got...:shakeno:

:dolphins:

tcdrover said:
I think that's it as well. He's doing it just in case Young does slip and another team might want to trade up.

We need more draft picks. Anyone notice how many the Patriots have, compared to we've got...:shakeno:

:dolphins:

we might not have them all but we got great value for each one we used... that being said I too want more picks, I just want Nick to be able to use his advantage before it expires.

Radford University....thinking about going back to get my Masters from there as well....oh yeah 2001....

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Becasue we are giving up #16 and next years 1st and 3rd to get him. Watch!!!! It will happen.

Maybe we can throw in Ricky and Josh Shaw to sweeten the deal! :lol:

(of course with the expectation that Shaw will get cut so we can sign him AGAIN at a later date)

Smoke and Mirrors.Saban is looking for a partner to trade down with.If per chance Young drops to our spot there will be plenty of teams willing to move up.

I dont envision a move to trade up.It would cost us our first pick next year.Too expensive for a project.

trainwreck said:
Found this on KFFL, seems kind of odd. Vince would NEVER last until #16.

Dolphins | Team looking to meet with V. Young
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:47:34 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports NFL draft analyst Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, said Saturday, March 25, on Sirius Satellite Radio the Miami Dolphins have scheduled a visit with University of Texas QB Vince Young in South Florida April 9 and 10. The Dolphins, who declined comment about Young, host about 20 to 25 college players on pre-draft visits. It still seems unlikely that Young would be available when the Dolphins select at No. 16.

Saban's smoke screen :blowup:

Vince Young will not be a Miami Dolphin. Trust me, I don't think Nick Saban is dumb enough to waste another pick on a quarterback and I'll be damned if he did (Traded a 6th for Cleo Lemon, and a 2nd on Daunte Culpepper), especially on a QB like Vince Young; a guy that if he is not drafted at number 10 in Arizona, then he will likely fall to the 20's-30's of the draft or even fall to the 2nd round.

Arizona would be the best fit for him with the offensive weapons they have. But they too might have doubts of Vince ever being a successful QB in the NFL. If Arizona passes on him, then he will end up falling down dramatically, probably even worse than Aaron Rodgers did in the 2005 draft.

Only reason why I see Vince visiting with Miami is for a possible "trade down" situation with a team that has a lower draft pick than us that might have some interest in Vince Young if he did in fact fell to the #16 spot. By trading down, we might get a low first rounder and possibly a 2nd rounder and more.

You gotta play poker sometimes

:wink: You dont show your hand....you bluff alot....thats the NFL....Did we all think that Aaron Rodgers was a top 5 draft pick with all that crap you heard before the draft?......Its to make others think were are interested and let someone else think we might take him.....We all know we are going to take a cover corner Or best available player.....

You must be prepared incase Vince falls to 16 which is improbable but not impossible. By the way, if he does fall to Miami, ofcourse you have to take him. A top 5 QB falling to 16, and we have a starting QB who may or may not be available for the season openner or may or may not ever be the same QB he was before? Not to mention the trade value Vince may posses this year or the next. If Cutler or Young fall to 16, mark my words, Saban will take them.

Perfect23 said:
He is gonna be terrible in the NFL he is gonna be another Andre Ware or even Kordell Stewart.

I think that you obviously had not seen Young play. He appears to be Prototype QB along the lines of Elway,McNabb and Culpepper. I'm not saying he'll be as good as them, only time will tell that but as far as his arm,running and avoiding/breaking tackles he's right there with them. I believe that he will do one heck of a job with the NFL and we would be foolish to overlook Young as a viable candidate for a QB. I would love to have Young on our team as our QB but don't think he'll be there at #16-perhaps a trade working out with one of the higher up's grabbing for us for someone plus our #16. To me, if we get our additional LB taken care of, this would be a great move.

Vertical Limit said:
Vince Young will not be a Miami Dolphin. Trust me, I don't think Nick Saban is dumb enough to waste another pick on a quarterback

Only reason why I see Vince visiting with Miami is for a possible "trade down" situation with a team that has a lower draft pick than us that might have some interest in Vince Young if he did in fact fell to the #16 spot. By trading down, we might get a low first rounder and possibly a 2nd rounder and more.

why should we trust you? is Nick calling you at night to fill you in?:goof:

"dumb enough to waste ANOTHER pick"...he hasn't wasted anything.. we got GREAT value for our picks. Mueller has stated he believes in picking up a QB every draft and Nick has said we will likely carry four qb's this year. All of this helps set up your last paragraph.

The last paragraph makes perfect sense to me, I am hoping against hope we get lucky and have the proper ammo to effect a trade. Go Fins !

CrunchTime said:
Smoke and Mirrors.Saban is looking for a partner to trade down with.If per chance Young drops to our spot there will be plenty of teams willing to move up.

I dont envision a move to trade up.It would cost us our first pick next year.Too expensive for a project.

If that be the case (which it would be ridiculous) why do we even have to bring him in if were only gonna trade him away? There is nothing for us to see if he's not even gonna be here. I think Saban and FO ave better things to be doing with their free time with less than 2 weeks before the Draft, don't you? We had better be bringing in people to look at that are actually going to play for our team at this point.

Back
Top Bottom