Why are we mad at ricky and not Ogunleye | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we mad at ricky and not Ogunleye

dolphindog

Scout Team
Reaction score
Many people are saying that they would not like Ricky back, why? if he was to come back before friday what have we lost? We don't even know why this is happening, if he is trying to put pressure on the FO, and he wins, good for him. meanwhile Ogunleye is still planning on sitting out, and hasn't done much to change it, but many want him to return. I say wait till training camp, before we throw Ricky off the boat, I'm hurt too.

dolphindog said:
Many people are saying that they would not like Ricky back, why? if he was to come back before friday what have we lost? We don't even know why this is happening, if he is trying to put pressure on the FO, and he wins, good for him. meanwhile Ogunleye is still planning on sitting out, and hasn't done much to change it, but many want him to return. I say wait till training camp, before we throw Ricky off the boat, I'm hurt too.
I think we are pissed at Wally, but he has stated his position from the begining. If he had played through camps and at the last minute decided to sit out in a contract dispute then it would be quite similar. The biggest issue with Ricky is the timing.

dolphindog said:
Whats the difference between sitting out, and quiting.
you don't risk your entire carreer to injury for a measely 1.8 million (which is now less).

Although Ogun must've been smoking w/ RW if he thinks he's worth as much as what Kearse got at this point in time.

Why not be mad at the dolphins?

Why would you be mad at O-gun? He has been to the pro-bowl, is the afc's sack leader last year, is young and talented, and may be a better RE than Jason is a LE?

And he is only making MINIMUM wage. To me this is akin to you asking your boss for a raise after 10 years of faithful work, and being a late-night warrior who meets deadlines and doesn't take a day off. (which I am sure O-gun also does) why wouldn't you want a raise? and if you couldn't get one, I am sure you would threaten to go somewhere else or sit until you got one?

This is America, and everyone on this board has already said they weren't mad about Ricky quiting, just the timing of it. If you were O-gun you would probably do the same thing.

O-Gun loves the game and loves being a Dolphin (from what I understand) But there is the "business" side of things which is inevitable, especially when you are a good player.

Ricky quit on his team, his fans, and the game. If he came back on Friday he would be a distraction to the Dolphins that are here to win football games, and that still have a passion for the game. If the organization let him come back it would kill thier credibility... At least, it would from where I'm standing...

Justasportsfan said:
you don't risk your entire carreer to injury for a measely 1.8 million (which is now less).

I'll have to tell my boss that. They aren't paying me even close to that much.I work in a chemical plant. I could get hurt at any time.

Scrap said:
I'll have to tell my boss that. They aren't paying me even close to that much.I work in a chemical plant. I could get hurt at any time.
If they don't give it to you, start sniffing the chemicals. That should screw up their inventory.

Im not mad at Ogun because he isnt quitting in the middle of his contract. Wale fulfilled his contract and has the right to either sign or not sign a new one. Plus, Wale made it clear that to sign a new contract it would have to be a BIG one way back when he became a RFA, this isnt something he just sprang on the team Friday. Ricky on the other hand was under a binding contract when he quit, and he did so just a few days before training camp. There is a HUGE difference.

NLude33 said:
Hello Mr. 13 Post......do some searching, you will find plenty made at OGun!
Are we only as good as the amount of posts? I only have 22 as of this one, I guess I'm just a dumb @ss too... :roflmao:
That's cheese, dude... It's usually the empty wagon that makes the most noise. Number of ramblings means nothing!

As for those that are "mad at O-Gun", not one of those people would be doing anything differently if placed in his shoes. He has worked very hard to be in the position to ask for what he feels he is worth to the organization. I love O-Gun and want to see him in a Dolphins uniform again, and am not real happy that the organization is still toying with his request, but they had to see what transpires before training camp to know thier best options... Based on what has transpired with Ricky, I can only hope they feel comfortable enough to continue thier talks and come to a resolution SOON!!!

OK here is a hypothetical situation for you. Let's say Ricky has change of heart and comes back before the start of TC. But Ogun make good on his threat and sit out. Then who is the bad guy.
I say Ogun.

Back
Top Bottom