Why are we waiting??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we waiting???

AZStryker

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Training camp starts tomorrow and we have Travis minor and a bunch of ??? to back him up. Even if Minor is our guy, shouldn't we get someone signed or make a trade? This is what we have:

Minor: Possibility for a being a good back is there. Been with the team, knows the system. Size and durability are concerns.

Henry: We don't know if Henry is healthy yet or even if he can play.

Russell: Most of us only know his name and that's it. Even more unproven than Henry

Morris: A halfback converted to a fullback and back again?

Konrad: Too slow and one dimensional to carry the load

I have no idea why Mack wasn't offered a contract or trade talks have been luke warm at best. What if Minor gets hurt in camp?? A back up or someone to compete with Minor should be persued more agressively. In fact, I bet any reports of trade talks are speculation by the media and the FO is sitting on the kiesters.

I'm not one for over paying, but if the teams know we are talking actively to a few other teams, they will be more willing to loosen their demands.

I hope this is not us clinging on to hope that Ricky will come back.

Patience young grasshopper. Too many people in society want a move made today at this second and you make a mistake.

Viewing all the candidates, assessing their skills and how they fit our team.

Then you make a choice for the best guy and go from there. It's all they can do. Explore all the options.

The Dolphins said Sunday that they are going to camp with what they have. Why is everyone so surprised that that's what they're doing??

I understand patience, but I also understand that a new player needs time to learn a new system. Granted a RB might take less time, but we still want a competition there right?
Also, we have no depth behind minor that we can count on. It has been our luck to have everything that can go wrong to do so. The more we wait the more it will cost us.

Spielman pulled an eager trade for Feely, one that he might have over paid for. So why are we so patient now? Unless he learned for that mistake and in that case I understand the wait.

We have no idea what they think of Mack, if they don't like him why sign him?

Trading away from our little pick pool hurts the team even more in the future. Minor can be good if used correctly.

There is no way the Colts have the room to sign Edge after this year and he will come to Miami if we pony up the money. (Ricky's old money)

inFINSible said:
The Dolphins said Sunday that they are going to camp with what they have. Why is everyone so surprised that that's what they're doing??
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. However I didn't hear that. It does go with our pattern of gambling though. So lets roll the dice, our luck has been unbelievable thus far!

AZStryker said:
Training camp starts tomorrow and we have Travis minor and a bunch of ??? to back him up. Even if Minor is our guy, shouldn't we get someone signed or make a trade? This is what we have:

Minor: Possibility for a being a good back is there. Been with the team, knows the system. Size and durability are concerns.

Henry: We don't know if Henry is healthy yet or even if he can play.

Russell: Most of us only know his name and that's it. Even more unproven than Henry

Morris: A halfback converted to a fullback and back again?

Konrad: Too slow and one dimensional to carry the load

I have no idea why Mack wasn't offered a contract or trade talks have been luke warm at best. What if Minor gets hurt in camp?? A back up or someone to compete with Minor should be persued more agressively. In fact, I bet any reports of trade talks are speculation by the media and the FO is sitting on the kiesters.

I'm not one for over paying, but if the teams know we are talking actively to a few other teams, they will be more willing to loosen their demands.

I hope this is not us clinging on to hope that Ricky will come back.

So before the coaching staff get's to see any of the r-b's on the roster compete, the f-o should panic and make a knee-JERK trade ?????

As far as RW's in a Dolphin uniform again,, I would rather listen / sing the goats asinine "SHOUT" song for 16 weeks straight ... :escape:

Marino1983

AZStryker said:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. However I didn't hear that. It does go with our pattern of gambling though. So lets roll the dice, our luck has been unbelievable thus far!
The sharks are circling. I'd rather test our luck on the boat before we jump in for a swim.

Marino1983 said:
So before the coaching staff get's to see any of the r-b's on the roster compete, the f-o should panic and make a knee-JERK trade ?????

Marino1983
Talking trade with other teams now will be a lot cheaper than in 4 weeks. Wanting more depth for camp isn't a knee jerk, it's just common sense. Michael Bennet, Marshal Faulk, Egde are all fantasy, but some of the other guys can be had for more reasonable prices. Like the FA running backs for the league min.

Then there's Ogun. If we aren't going to talk contract with him, I think it is only fair to deal him to someone who will.

Marino1983...nice sig. Love the movie, love the sig. :up: Maybe you should take out Ricky and put CC, Feeley, Minor or something :)

EDIT - - - Just saw CC :D

AZStryker said:
Talking trade with other teams now will be a lot cheaper than in 4 weeks. Wanting more depth for camp isn't a knee jerk, it's just common sense. Michael Bennet, Marshal Faulk, Egde are all fantasy, but some of the other guys can be had for more reasonable prices. Like the FA running backs for the league min.

Then there's Ogun. If we aren't going to talk contract with him, I think it is only fair to deal him to someone who will.
We are talking contract with O-Gun.

A FA RB, I agree, we do need to get one in here. I like Robert Edwards myself.

AZStryker said:

There are a number of teams that have 5 or 6 r-b's on their roster .....

Denver "for example" has 9 r-b's on it's roster.. I don't think that they will keep all of them !!

Marino1983

Prime Time said:
Marino1983...nice sig. Love the movie, love the sig. :up: Maybe you should take out Ricky and put CC, Feeley, Minor or something :)

clear.gif

Whatever....

Ill change submit ANY sig that I choose to PT !!!!!!

Thanks for YOUR concern .... :yikes:

Marino1983

The FO is nopt gonna panic and I like Minor anyway and what's wrong with Henry?I haven't been on much lately, is he hurt?

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom