Why can the colts tank the season and we cant?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why can the colts tank the season and we cant??

dlcmdrx

Rookie
Reaction score
Its borderline getting ridiculous. They blew out a 15 point lead over the kansas city freaking chiefs cmon. They are blowing this away and setting up for another 15 years of success and winning seasons.

Ive visited other forums and the colts fanbase is totally on board with tanking the season in favor of luck. Thay are not stupid like the broncos with jay cutler and know how important is a franchise qb for sucess.

In miamis case people are even thinking we have a shot at saving the season and going to the playoffs and even some people prefer a 7-9/6-10 or 5-11 season... are people nuts or what??

The colts didn't lose those games on purpose. After getting big leads they didnt cognitively decide to blow the game. Do u really think that they sat around and said "hey let's play hard but if somehow we are winning late in the game let's start throw picks, oh and defense make sure you let them run and pass all over you, oh and o-line make sure you start giving up sacks". They lost cause they suck.

When are people gonna realize nobodys tanking a season.

Cassel beat the Colts. The Colts have the worse starting corners in the NFL. There D is atrocious.

Athletes dont tank anything. Never will. Us Fans do but we dont ****ing mean **** to players on a team.

If you guys think that any team will purposefuly tank a season your are delusional.

No player is going to purposely allow himself to get beat every week. They all have their pride and none of them want to be associated with a team that stunk it up all year.

Think about it and put yourself in their shoes(cleets). Would you want to try and sell yourself to a new team after you just played on a team that wen 1-15, 0-16 ??? Nope, not good for the bank acount or career.

The colts lost because they suck right now. We are losing becasue we suck right now. Not because they players are following the owners/fanbases request that they lose all of their game just to pick up one player.

No player is going to fall on their sword for Luck.

Yeah exactly people these are their livelihoods they aren't going to play bad because they could get cut and not resigned. If you are on an 0-16 team you probably won't be around to enjoy the success that Luck brings. The only way a team could purposely tank is if they owner paid the coaches extra on the side to call bad/predictable plays... Heh.. that kinda sounds like Sparano!

The coaches and management can tank.

Basically, if an owner secretly tells the coaches and coordinators, "hey, we need to lose this year. I want Andrew Luck. don't worry about your job, you have job security. do what I tell you, and you are here to stay for a long time. pick the wrong plays that you know will make the players fail"

then it works. The players go out there and try their hardest, but the Offensive and Defensive coordinators are working against them, picking bad plays.

Done.

So let me get this straight. According to you guys ¨Colts¨ are onlye the players right?' the coaches dont call plays and the owner doesnt have any say whatsoever right??

If so, none of this people would call the incorrect plays to help the team loose right??

Of course.

No one is tanking the season. Players CERTAINLY not. Tony Sparano NOT A CHANCE. Sparano knows he gone next year, so what would lead anyone to believe he would be a good little soldier and lose so the next HC can get Luck. If Sparano was told to tank I promise he will save face and sing like a canary to any media outlet who will listen.

It's just not realistic to think that any athlete at any level would tank games. Especially in a team sport where 11 guys on defense and 11 guys on offense would all have to be on the same page. I don't think there are 22 guys in the league that would tank for Luck let alone 22 guys on one team.

Athletes dont tank anything. Never will. Us Fans do but we dont ****ing mean **** to players on a team.

Correction - athletes do tank things but not for the reasons or goals us fans would want them to.

Im delusional then cause what my crazy eye's are witnessing is a Colts franchise that has owned their division,expects playoffs & is Pitt's/ NE's main rival for the AFC championship every year going from first to worst in an off season.

That takes some skill my friends...Some serious lets take a dive skill. Yea I know ...Peyton just happened to get worse,the offensive line can't remember how to block & Hey...Old man Collins was the best available (cough,cough) QB they could find to start the season but still...to go from a contender to a pretender that quick is impressive.

Believe what you will....they want Luck and they will do what it takes to get him.

Im delusional then cause what my crazy eye's are witnessing is a Colts franchise that has owned their division,expects playoffs & is Pitt's/ NE's main rival for the AFC championship every year going from first to worst in an off season.

That takes some skill my friends...Some serious lets take a dive skill. Yea I know ...Peyton just happened to get worse,the offensive line can't remember how to block & Hey...Old man Collins was the best available (cough,cough) QB they could find to start the season but still...to go from a contender to a pretender that quick is impressive.

Believe what you will....they want Luck and they will do what it takes to get him.

Manning took the colts from 3-13 to 13-3 in one season so, why is it so far fetched that taking Manning out of the equation could have the opposite effect. I think if any team in the league relies heavily on one player it is Manning and the Colts. If Manning is there they colts are at least 2-3 maybe better.

I agree at this point they probably do want Luck but I'm still not convinced any professional athletes throw games for any reason besides money.

I don't think the Colts are tanking anymore than we are, but what is irritating is how PERFECT the timing was with the injury to Manning. They got to suck, for ONE season, at the exact right time they needed to, because of Manning's injury. Their management couldn't have done it better if they WERE planning it.

Other NFL fans are rooting for their team to win games. Miami fans are hoping their team sucks and gets made when another team sucks even more

Maybe they see their franchise QB going down and think that a year of sucking isnt so bad for another 15 of greatness. Especially given that they see teams like ours still trying to recover from losing our QB 11 years ago.

11 years of searching or 1 year of sucking?

Back
Top Bottom