Why can the colts tank the season and we cant?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why can the colts tank the season and we cant??

No team in any sport purposely tanks games, they're not going to risk their career and injury for a draft pick. The Colts just plain suck and so do we, that's why we're in last.

Players will never tank a game, let alone a season.

Players are scoped by their performances in games whether it's catches and TDs for offense, or sacks or INTs by defense; The list goes on and on.

The more decorated stats a player has, the better they look once they are FAs or in time for that big contract.

The thought that they will give up on games purposely for a team to gain a first rounder, when they don't even know they will be with that team 1-2 years from now is extremely irrational.

They are smarter then us. They know how to win and it seems, how to lose.

Their Offense like the Patriots is 90% SUPER QB driven.

Without the Super QB, they turn to crap.

This is also what happens when one QB (Manning or Brady) is pulling down so much money the team cannot afford other players.

Peyton Manning covered up so many problems on the Colts...

If there was ever an argument on how valuable a true franchise quarterback is to a team; look long and hard at the Colts.

I agree 100%i started a thread after watching the colts debacle last sunday. Its not that they lost but how they lost. How can you score at will in first half, score 24pts and then 2nd half you don't cross the 50yd line til 2 min left in game? They did it to make it look good. You have clark dropping passes right in his hands? Come on. Take it from me, colts are trying hard to not win one game. Like I've said in another threcolts don't beat jags at least once there should be an investigation.
Im delusional then cause what my crazy eye's are witnessing is a Colts franchise that has owned their division,expects playoffs & is Pitt's/ NE's main rival for the AFC championship every year going from first to worst in an off season. That takes some skill my friends...Some serious lets take a dive skill. Yea I know ...Peyton just happened to get worse,the offensive line can't remember how to block & Hey...Old man Collins was the best available (cough,cough) QB they could find to start the season but still...to go from a contender to a pretender that quick is impressive.Believe what you will....they want Luck and they will do what it takes to get him.

No team in any sport purposely tanks games, they're not going to risk their career and injury for a draft pick. The Colts just plain suck and so do we, that's why we're in last.

Actually teams in the NBA (remember Spurs to get Duncan) & MLB do it on a regular basis. This was a topic on SportsCenter earlier in the week.

Im delusional then cause what my crazy eye's are witnessing is a Colts franchise that has owned their division,expects playoffs & is Pitt's/ NE's main rival for the AFC championship every year going from first to worst in an off season.

We almost beat them last year (or was it the year before?) with our 7-9 team. we had them dead to rights but there was this one guy, named manning, who found a way to beat us in the end.

What we are seeing now is the colts minus one of the best QB's to play the game. They haven't just started sucking, they have been on the brink for awhile now.

They are smarter then us. They know how to win and it seems, how to lose.

Their Offense like the Patriots is 90% SUPER QB driven.

Without the Super QB, they turn to crap.

This is also what happens when one QB (Manning or Brady) is pulling down so much money the team cannot afford other players.

Not smarter than me, because i get it.

We have a lot of fans that are too stubborn. They can't stomach losing (even if its for the greater good of the franchise).

Oh and I ****ing hate the Colts and their owner Jim Irsay. Such a dbag.

There is a difference between "tanks games" and quit. I do believe no player at the beginning of the game thinking about throwing the game away, but as the last few games of last season, players did give less than 100% effort.

We're not tanking we just SUCK. Move along, nothing to see here but a lousy football team.

They have PEYTON freaking MANNING. He's out this season. He and the organization he plays for are both very hopeful that he can come back and perform for a few more solid season of play. QB is not their immediate need. They are not sucking to intentionally get him.

I watched the game, what a BS try for a field goal to tie it 20-20, they totally tanked the field goal & got it blocked, i think they are tanking.

Back
Top Bottom