Why couldn't the Raiders stop the Tannehill to Hartline connection? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why couldn't the Raiders stop the Tannehill to Hartline connection?

A lot of it, and they mentioned it during the game was Hartline actually coming back to the ball and cutting off any chance the CB had at jumping the route. That was part of the reason for Tanny's first INT against Houston; don't get me wrong, it wasn't a great throw but Legadu was kind of nonchalant in his cut.

Another thing is something that has killed our D for a few years is the cushion. When you don't want to get beat deep you give a huge cushion, if that's the case you just run comeback routes every play.

And finally, Hartline has always been very decent at getting himself a little space between the defender. It's why some of the sideline passes over a defender are completed; Hartline gets enough space where the defender can't break up the pass

It is awesome to see Tannehill and Hartline developing chemistry even with Hartline missing all of the preseason. Very promising.

Let's give credit where its due, too. Tannehill made some nice throws in the clutch and Hartline was sure handed, even with defenders on him.

That scramble by Tannehill was really nice, he's got some speed. When he first takes off I thought he would probably just get back to the LOS, but he almost broke it. More of that.

Yeah, the Raiders are not a top echelon team, but everyone says we aren't either, so? We did what you are supposed to do to bad teams at home, rout them out of the building.

lol I see excuses as to why hartline and tannehill had a good day playing catch. those two will have more good/great weeks working together than not. this week sets up the double team for hartline, which means bess will be single covered or armstrong which means more big plays, and finally if they are doubling up on hartline, they won't be able to stack 8 in the box which means more room for bush to do his thing. take away the running game? ha. nothing like having clay and bush to come out of the backfield for a pass or two. yes a legit 1 would make this offense run smoother, but then that's why you wnat good coaches isn't it? to get the most out of what you have.

Ryan Tannehill just kept nailing that back shoulder pass. Every time Hartline just turned around before the CB even knew he was breaking his route, and the ball was right there.

It reminded me of the Denver Miami game a couple of years ago when Camarillo was torching the Denver corners all day and they could do nothing to stop it. Same route if I remember correctly.

Their complete inability to adjust to what eventually became hilariously predictable in constantly going to Hartline speaks very poorly for that very young, unaccomplished coaching staff. Raiders are profoundly ****ed.

The head coach of the Raiders looks to be about 15 years old. He is in way over his head. A couple more losses and the guy will get ran out of Oakland.

That pass was working so they kept going after it. You can bet that the Jets will have an answer and will try to score a pick 6. Shermin and RT will have to spread the ball around next week. I am hoping the Legado is finally benched and Matthews or another rookie gets some playing time.

Tanne was throwing Hartline open on those out routes. Pure timing and arm strength. Bam.
tha
Credit goes to Hartline for good route running... but Hartline wasn't "burning" the DB by any means. He was running an exact route w. a QB that could put the ball in that fractional space that the route gave him. Again, credit to Hartline for the routes and actually making the catches, but that was really rare for a rookie QB to make those throws again and again... something special on the way, imo.

LD

To quote Brian Hartline, "Tannehill was awesome"

lol I see excuses as to why hartline and tannehill had a good day playing catch. those two will have more good/great weeks working together than not. this week sets up the double team for hartline, which means bess will be single covered or armstrong which means more big plays, and finally if they are doubling up on hartline, they won't be able to stack 8 in the box which means more room for bush to do his thing. take away the running game? ha. nothing like having clay and bush to come out of the backfield for a pass or two. yes a legit 1 would make this offense run smoother, but then that's why you wnat good coaches isn't it? to get the most out of what you have.

I could not have said this better . . .

My friend and I were talking about it while watching the game, and we came to a similar conclusion. This team - right now - is best when it passes to set up the run. After every completion, you could see the Oakland D acting a little unsure. The holes got bigger, and the D was slower to flow to the ball. Reggie Bush left a few plays on the field in the first half, and we started playing L. Miller more. But once we re-installed Bush, he ran with a better sense of urgency, took the sure yards, etc. Our O-line is doing a fine job run blocking. So far this WC offense looks more like Houston's than it does GB's. Depending on Revis' status for next week, we may have to look elsewhere for the passing plays that set up our running game. I'd look for a lot of play action on neutral or running downs. Clay and Fasano are going to have to do some heavy lifting. It's going to be an interesting game.

It wasn't just a 10 and curl, the 10 and out was prominent as well. Just wait till the jets try and jump that route and tanny pump fakes and Hartline goes long. Oh its going to happen.

I don't see a double team on Hartline at all. If I'm Rex I'm putting Revis on Hartline wherever he lines up, Cromartie is on Bess...our 3rd WR has yet to make a catch in a game this season. It's one-on-one outside. I think Bess could win a few but not many against Cromartie. Rex will drop a safety down in the box to stop Reggie (Y. Bell). This game is not a good matchup for us...not with only two WRs on the roster worth a crap.

I think we're going to need to put Lamar Miller and Reggie on the field at once, put Reggie in motion and line him up in the slot...that will give Tannehill a better read of man coverage and he can either check off to a run with Miller or throw to Reggie in the slot. Fasano is going to have to play big in this game too.

I don't see a double team on Hartline at all. If I'm Rex I'm putting Revis on Hartline wherever he lines up, Cromartie is on Bess...our 3rd WR has yet to make a catch in a game this season. It's one-on-one outside. I think Bess could win a few but not many against Cromartie. Rex will drop a safety down in the box to stop Reggie (Y. Bell). This game is not a good matchup for us...not with only two WRs on the roster worth a crap.

I think we're going to need to put Lamar Miller and Reggie on the field at once, put Reggie in motion and line him up in the slot...that will give Tannehill a better read of man coverage and he can either check off to a run with Miller or throw to Reggie in the slot. Fasano is going to have to play big in this game too.
first its not even a sure thing if revis is playing next week. second putting cromo on hartline makes sense. but I don't know that anyone else on the jets matches up well with bess. and reggie bush out of the backfield? who covers him? I like this matchup better than most.

Back
Top Bottom