why does dan le batard seem happy about this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why does dan le batard seem happy about this

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
i know he broke the story but he seems to think ricky did nothing wrong. it almost seems like he admires ricky for what he did. he was just on espn radio tell us that ricky doesn;t care what we think and that how he is free from being hit, coaches yelling at him, etc. etc. and that he is gone for good. does Dan not like the dolphins or something?

Because he looks down on sports fans. He is a sports guy who hates sports.

So when a top athlete quits sports, he is all to happy to point it out and throw it in our faces like we are some type of sicko lunatic for being fans of sports.

ltfinfan said:
i know he broke the story but he seems to think ricky did nothing wrong. it almost seems like he admires ricky for what he did. he was just on espn radio tell us that ricky doesn;t care what we think and that how he is free from being hit, coaches yelling at him, etc. etc. and that he is gone for good. does Dan not like the dolphins or something?

he befriended ricky during the incidents early on here in fort lauderdale.

as for his writing he has been called the edwin pope of our generation and is an excellent sports writer.

he is happy about it just reporting what he knows as he is amoung ricky's friends and i may add the friend of many canes players as he went there.

The greatest piece of sports radio ever was about a year ago when Tony Kornhesier on ESPN radio started yeling at LeBatard for something stupid Dan wrote about sports and steroids.

LeBatard called in and Tony K gave him a verbal butt lashing. Great radio!

I have been reading the Sentinel and Hearld over the Internet for many years and the truth be told most if not all the reporters from both these newspapers enjoy writing about negatives more than positives. Miami could go on a 6 game win streak, win the division and they would still find negatives.
I know its their job to write on what is happening, positives or negatives, but it seems like they search out the negatives, no matter how small, and create it as if the franchise is falling into chaos.
This is why everyone should always digest everything that is said from all sources and come to your own conclusions.

Le Batard thinks of himself as a cut above the average sportswriter when it comes to brains. He likes to wax philosophical BS. He should have taken up another profession, because this ain't about philosophy or being happy about RW's quest for enlightenment. This is about football, or else why would anyone care about RW. This story is about how an athlete left an organization and his teammates high and dry for his own selfish reasons. Period. The enlightenment angle is a different topic altogether.

LeBatard did a radio show in Ricky in So Beach every week last year. They seems to be friends and maybe Dan L wants to stay friends with Ricky. From Ricky's perspective anyone ag his retirement is not his friend

As pointed out, he is Ricky's friend. That means his interest in Ricky first and us fans second.

I think he is a liability because of it because he is nto objective. By contrast read David George's take on it in the Palm Beach Post where he calls RW "selfish" and slams him. That is because any reporter who is willing to report the truth to the fan base would point out that this is a royal screwing.

He is happy because Dan finally, in his little brain, thinks he is the man for finally getting the breaking news out first. Well you know what ESPN, drug test the man, cause I think him and Ricky hit the water bong together many times, and I believe that Dan will soon be buying a one way ticket to Asia, to chase after his dream of being one on one with Ricky once again. What a poor writeup that was. Good example for all the kids...yeah if you don't like your job, or the rules of this country just quit your job and run off to another country. Drag your young kids along too...teach them all about quitting, not being courteous, and how to live a life without intergrity. Give me a break, it is all about that water bong...well Ricky smoke up and don't come to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom