why does dan le batard seem happy about this | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why does dan le batard seem happy about this

I went to the that radio show last year when I went to see the Ravens game. They hold it at the Clevelander in South Beach. You gotta see this LeBatard character. He thinks he is the story. Him and Ricky show up in his Lexus convertible and he's puffing on a big stoagie thinking he owns the place. Ricky is certainly shy and you could see that he didn't like the everyone asking for his autograph.

LeBatard does a radio show for ESPN on Sunday mornings and yesterday he said how people call him Ahmad Rashad because he is so close to the athletes, but he just tries to give the athlete's perspective.

Personally I feel he is one of the biggest a$$kissers there is. So far in his articles I have read I haven't seen anything where he actually criticizes Ricky for anything. Even the horrible timing of this decision.

"Give me a break, it is all about that water bong...well Ricky smoke up and don't come to Miami."

Wow... what a dumb statement. There are plenty of people who smoke pot who are very responsible. Ricky leaving is not bad... it was hit timing.

The best was last year. LeBatard kept writing articles on Steroids in Baseball saying that fans don't care and its a non-issue. After the 4th or 5th week where he wrote the same article esentially, Tony K exploded on him.

Finally, Tony Kornheiser on his radio show just had it. Saying if nobody cares, then stop writing about it. If nobody cares, then nobody cares. If nobody cares then why write about something nobody cares about, so the people who don't care who read your work can read abotu something they don't care about?

He called LeBatard "hollier than thou" and a guy who always takes the opposite stance on issues which 99% of the masses agree on, just to be different.

ltfinfan said:
i know he broke the story but he seems to think ricky did nothing wrong. it almost seems like he admires ricky for what he did. he was just on espn radio tell us that ricky doesn;t care what we think and that how he is free from being hit, coaches yelling at him, etc. etc. and that he is gone for good. does Dan not like the dolphins or something?

Dan made friends with Ricky that's for sure. He always got away with some stupid,or sarcastic questions on their radio show, asking them over and over.

But he is a reporter, and he got to break the news, which is huge for a sportswriter. Now if he goes and starts bashing Ricky, he knows he won't be breaking any other stories in the near future!
But us fans can bash both of them all we want. :cool:

Dan le Bastard has been dogging us as long as I can remember. His opinion is worthless in my eyes.

as for his writing he has been called the edwin pope of our generation and is an excellent sports writer.

Two things:

1) Edwin Pope is the moron who used to call for Bob Griese to be benched, on a regular basis.

2) Saying someone is a great sportswriter is a backhanded compliment. There's no fate worse for a writer than covering sports for a second-rate rag like the Herald.

South Florida journalists are about as fair and balanced as Fox News

I think you just inadvertently made a positive statement about their journalistic integrity.

taylorj99 said:
Dan le Bastard has been dogging us as long as I can remember. His opinion is worthless in my eyes.

Negative articles are what sells! Thats why so many people trying to be media types start with the negatives!

MischiefDolphin said:
"Give me a break, it is all about that water bong...well Ricky smoke up and don't come to Miami."

Wow... what a dumb statement. There are plenty of people who smoke pot who are very responsible. Ricky leaving is not bad... it was hit timing.

and you called his statement dumb :roflmao:

If I remember what one comedian said.

Those who can't do, write.

Those who can't write, become sport writers.

Ozzy said:
Negative articles are what sells! Thats why so many people trying to be media types start with the negatives!
Writing negative is easier than writing positive. It's easy to point out whats wrong.

Mr. Pink said:
Two things:

1) Edwin Pope is the moron who used to call for Bob Griese to be benched, on a regular basis.

2) Saying someone is a great sportswriter is a backhanded compliment. There's no fate worse for a writer than covering sports for a second-rate rag like the Herald.

I think you just inadvertently made a positive statement about their journalistic integrity.

In my eyes....that was in no way a positive statement. I'd prefer not to go there

MikeO said:
Writing negative is easier than writing positive. It's easy to point out whats wrong.

Negative is what sells the most! But the best of the reporters can find the good and bad to write about.

LeBatard is to the Dolphins what Michael Moore is to Bush.

Back
Top Bottom