Why does the Running Game Suck? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does the Running Game Suck?

HoneyB mentioned 4 guys that we got rid of: Bush, Lane, Fasano,Long. 4 of the toughest guys from last years team. Take Bush out of the equation and you have 3 of the most physical players from last years team. Dumping Bush looks pretty stupid right now. He was a force of good for the team, a leader and an excellent practice player. He also was a playmaker that that defenses had to account for. Lane and Fasano were great blockers and were not replaced in the offense. Long was better than what we tried to replace him with by far. Similar to when we moved Marshall to the Bears and didn't bring in a great reciever to fill the void. Again, let's just put the blame where it belongs: Ireland

HoneyB mentioned 4 guys that we got rid of: Bush, Lane, Fasano,Long. 4 of the toughest guys from last years team. Take Bush out of the equation and you have 3 of the most physical players from last years team. Dumping Bush looks pretty stupid right now. He was a force of good for the team, a leader and an excellent practice player. He also was a playmaker that that defenses had to account for. Lane and Fasano were great blockers and were not replaced in the offense. Long was better than what we tried to replace him with by far. Similar to when we moved Marshall to the Bears and didn't bring in a great reciever to fill the void. Again, let's just put the blame where it belongs: Ireland

Simple question. Even with everything you've mention could this team RIGHT NOW, Easily be 7-4,8-3,9-2? If they had better coaching, scheming, play-calling?

Simple question. Even with everything you've mention could this team RIGHT NOW, Easily be 7-4,8-3,9-2? If they had better coaching, scheming, play-calling?
Yes

When people invoke the name of J.Ireland in regards to our current record. They are essentially saying this Coaching staff is so inept that they need to be given a damn near perfect team to have a reasonable chance.

How much of those teams are around?
Seattle?
NE?
Denver?
Bengals?
Colts?
49ers?

Lets switch places. Give us the coaching staff from any of the teams listed above and we give them our "staff"
Are the records the same?
Who would benefit more those teams with our coaching staff? Or our team with their coaching staff?

I'm floored that anyone can watch this team and conclude that we can run the ball just fine.

we run to many sweeps and misdirection plays and not enough power plays, plain and simple.

we run to many sweeps and misdirection plays and not enough power plays, plain and simple.

Are running backs lack power and frankly vision. To many run plays are stopped at line or for loss where just a little vision and side step gets into the hole for a gain.

Watching Bush today with the lions, seeing him hit the holes and not dancing in the backfield makes me wanna punch the Dolphins FO in the nose so hard.....

Should've ponied up the dollars and resigned Reggie.

Watching Bush today with the lions, seeing him hit the holes and not dancing in the backfield makes me wanna punch the Dolphins FO in the nose so hard.....

Should've ponied up the dollars and resigned Reggie.

Good point. But, clearly you're missing and I don't know how? All those running lanes his Oline is creating. Also, lets not forget statistically the Packers have one of the worst running defenses in the league.

Good point. But, clearly you're missing and I don't know how? All those running lanes his Oline is creating. Also, lets not forget statistically the Packers have one of the worst running defenses in the league.

True he's got a great oline to run behind, he's also not dancing in the backfield like he was when he was here. Still also has fumbling issues. Still think he's better than what the Phins have on the roster right now though.

Worst decision of the offseason letting Bush go.
He is everything that Miller is not.

Miller only has 1000 yards to go to reach Pouncey's drug induced prediction

Coming into the season, I thought we had two G- VG run blockers in Pouncey and Clabo with Cog being pretty good, about half as good as before the ZBS. This should have been enough for at least a decent run game. Then, Clabo turns out to be a disaster, and there were two. Hard to be consistent in running just middle left. Then we lose Cog, down to one, followed by Pouncey. And then there were none. No one else on the OL is any good at run blocking, the TE's are worse, and we have no FB.

The RB's are not causing many missed tackles, miss spots, and have been slow in hitting the line. They need holes, which have been very few and far between.

I can't blame Sherman here with what he has to work with, and Philbin wants to pass more than we are doing.

Back
Top Bottom