Why does USC...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does USC...?

AirFishOne

3peat Big XII Champs!
Reaction score
Seem to get off so easily?? They are in so much $hit, yet I have yet to hear ESPN or anyone else criticize them?

When the whole 'Bomar-Gate' thing happened everytime id turn on the TV, I would hear some moron *cough* Skip Bayless *cough* saying OU ran a dirty program.

It just seems to me that their situation is alot more serious than ours was, and yet they are not being (or going to be) punished. Now Ive been put of the loop for the past couple weeks so I may have missed something. Forgive me if I did, so more info would be great :D

Does anyone feel the same?

Yep. It seems almost everyone involed, including the NCAA, is willing to let this stuff die quietly. A lot of other programs would be in deep s*** over this, like your Sooners or definitely my Canes. But USC is the Pats of CFB, so hey...

Ill be the last one to say OU is a clean program. Every school EVERY SCHOOL cheats one way or another. Im not sayin that Stoops or Shannon do it on purpose, but those dumb boosters have to tempt 18-21 year olds with money that they NEED!

But it just seems that USC is on kind of a "no hit' list.

Ill be the last one to say OU is a clean program. Every school EVERY SCHOOL cheats one way or another. Im not sayin that Stoops or Shannon do it on purpose, but those dumb boosters have to tempt 18-21 year olds with money that they NEED!

But it just seems that USC is on kind of a "no hit' list.

Amen on all acounts.

I have always said if you don't think these kids (at least the ones at the top programs) are paid in some sort of way then you are just fooling yourself.

I have no idea why USC is getting a pass on all this. Pretty sad actually. :rolleyes:

Amen on all acounts.

I have always said if you don't think these kids (at least the ones at the top programs) are paid in some sort of way then you are just fooling yourself.

I have no idea why USC is getting a pass on all this. Pretty sad actually. :rolleyes:

My guess as to why USC gets the pass is because they are the cash cows of the NCAA. Big media outlets for college football. But when it comes to the small little state of Oklahoma where ther isnt as much media attention as opposed to L.A. the hammer comes down swift and loud.

Seem to get off so easily?? They are in so much $hit, yet I have yet to hear ESPN or anyone else criticize them?

When the whole 'Bomar-Gate' thing happened everytime id turn on the TV, I would hear some moron *cough* Skip Bayless *cough* saying OU ran a dirty program.

It just seems to me that their situation is alot more serious than ours was, and yet they are not being (or going to be) punished. Now Ive been put of the loop for the past couple weeks so I may have missed something. Forgive me if I did, so more info would be great :D

Does anyone feel the same?
because pete carroll can do no wrong, hes a media darling. If it was UM then we would be hearing about thug U for the next two weeks

How bout the fact that USC did nothing wrong. Who is breaking news reporting supposed violation umm let me think... Yahoo Sports. Who the hell is Yahoo sports and what credibility do they bring. I dont see ESPN, SI, Sporting News comming up with anything. But Yahoo Sports what a joke. How come no one else can elaborate on this beside yahoo.

How bout the fact that USC did nothing wrong. Who is breaking news reporting supposed violation umm let me think... Yahoo Sports. Who the hell is Yahoo sports and what credibility do they bring. I dont see ESPN, SI, Sporting News comming up with anything. But Yahoo Sports what a joke. How come no one else can elaborate on this beside yahoo.

cause they kiss SCs :newera:

and Pete the Cheat is slick
Did you hear about him denying he sent a limo to Brian Price? He said he sent a town car but witnesses at Crenshaw say it was a limo. :shakeno:

It's because their at the top of the college football world. The dynasty is on a gradual decline so they wont be able to get away with things like that in a couple of years.

Well Bomar got a lot of attention because people had been hyping him up so much during the offseason, and then he gets kicked off the team because he got what? 34k?

Miami will always get a bad rap because people think they're a bunch of thugs, same with the Seminoles.

Aside from people investigating if Reggie Bush's parents took improper benefits and Jarrett not paying his part of the rent when he was living with Leinart, USC really hasn't done anything wrong.

Ohio State is still under investigation because several ex players keep coming out and saying they got improper benifits, but there hasn't been much attention to that because they aren't big names like Clarett was. People forget, Troy Smith got suspended for improper benefits.

USC kisses the medias butt. they allow them access where they want, when they want. In return, the media thinks it such a great clean program which not only helps their image but gets more players in the doors. They shouldnt even be allowed to play post season for the next 3 years cause of the Reggie Bush stuff and the recruiting of the RB (forgot the name). Instead, they will probably play for the National Championship cause they dont play anybody!

again show the proof the USC knew about it and dont give me Yahoo sports crap as evidence.

It's because their at the top of the college football world. The dynasty is on a gradual decline so they wont be able to get away with things like that in a couple of years.

I wouldn't exactly call them a dynasty.

USC kisses the medias butt. they allow them access where they want, when they want. In return, the media thinks it such a great clean program which not only helps their image but gets more players in the doors. They shouldnt even be allowed to play post season for the next 3 years cause of the Reggie Bush stuff and the recruiting of the RB (forgot the name). Instead, they will probably play for the National Championship cause they dont play anybody!

So thats why the media loves USC.

Back
Top Bottom