Why dont Charger fans like Rivers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why dont Charger fans like Rivers?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
On various messageboards, whenever Rivers is mention, Charger fans seem to dislike him.. and many claim theyd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder out of him..

Has he performed poorly in preseasons?

ill be happy to give them a 2nd rounder for him:D

me too....he has done well in the preseason....but he is costing them an arm and a leg and he is sitting on the bench....he was trades for-just when Brees had the epiphany that he was a good QB...it sux to be in thier position financially

SkapePhin said:
On various messageboards, whenever Rivers is mention, Charger fans seem to dislike him.. and many claim theyd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder out of him..

you should start a thread on it, ask them what they think, and then post the link :evil:

He has not grabbed the old Bull by the Horns like Feeley, but he has been mouthing off saying he does not want to stay unless he starts. He was quoted as saying he will start their or somewher else next year.

I think the Fans don't like him mouthing off, I don't blame them, go out and win the dam job!!!

it's kind of ironic because in most cities the back up QB is the most popular player and rivers is set to help a rising franchise and everybody in that city hates him.

I checked out the Chargers message boards, and nobody hated him. I don't know where that came from. It's actually kinda funny how their posters have separated into pro-Brees and pro-Rivers factions, but it isn't really hostile. The pro-Brees faction thinks Rivers is good, but Brees is better, and the pro-Rivers faction thinks that Brees is good, but Rivers will be better. As far as I can tell, nobody hates Rivers, and a lot of people talk about Rivers and Brees as both being class acts.

theres no hate, maybe some lingering effects from his holdout, but in the end it only cost rivers. if you have brees and rivers, its not the same as jay or aj, or aj or gus. plus when your 12-4 last year you dont worry about that garbage

Do you guys think that Rivers is a Saban type player?

SkapePhin said:

No, they wanted Eli and when he spurned them and pushed SD into a trade on draft day, Rivers became the whipping boy...Then he held out, Brees woke up from his ineptitude and the rest is history...

finmann said:
Do you guys think that Rivers is a Saban type player?

Actually, yes...Rivers is a natural leader on the field and a winner...his skills are not where perhaps Eli's are, but he is very good. He won at SC by taking the team on his shoulders. He had no talent around him there (very little). One thing for sure, even our OL would be better than the OL he played behind in his senior season...

He has a hitch in his passing, kind of like Bernie Kosar had and I don't know if that has been worked on at the NFL level or not, but he has the tools and all the intangibles...he is very intelligent as well...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Maybe LT can shed some light when he sees this.

No one hates him out here in San Diego, so I dont know where that came from. Rivers has been nothing but an exceptional teamate to the organization.

He will get his time when it comes, whether it be here or elsewhere. BUT I REPEAT, no one has ever said ANYTHING BAD about Rivers, NO ONE.

Back
Top Bottom