Why dont Charger fans like Rivers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why dont Charger fans like Rivers?

PBE said:
I checked out the Chargers message boards, and nobody hated him. I don't know where that came from. It's actually kinda funny how their posters have separated into pro-Brees and pro-Rivers factions, but it isn't really hostile. The pro-Brees faction thinks Rivers is good, but Brees is better, and the pro-Rivers faction thinks that Brees is good, but Rivers will be better. As far as I can tell, nobody hates Rivers, and a lot of people talk about Rivers and Brees as both being class acts.

I dont really post on SD boards, but football forums with Charger fans on them.. and every charger fan I cam across to a man disliked Rivers..

This board: http://boards.ign.com/Football/b5105/ among others..

L.T.21 said:
No one hates him out here in San Diego, so I dont know where that came from. Rivers has been nothing but an exceptional teamate to the organization.

He will get his time when it comes, whether it be here or elsewhere. BUT I REPEAT, no one has ever said ANYTHING BAD about Rivers, NO ONE.

OK, thanks LT..

Now, can this thread be moved now?

FiN.in.RI said:
why dont you go post this on a charger forum where charger fans can answer.

Or does that make too much sense?

Ya, that would.. I have severe cognitive deficiencies and for some reason unbeknownst to myself I decided to post this within this forum.

FiN.in.RI said:
well then.. sucks to be you I guess.

Ya.. It does.. Im sorry that I have to bring everyone else around here down as well.. Im looking for a bridge though, so maybe that will cheer you up..

L.T.21 said:
No one hates him out here in San Diego, so I dont know where that came from. Rivers has been nothing but an exceptional teamate to the organization.

He will get his time when it comes, whether it be here or elsewhere. BUT I REPEAT, no one has ever said ANYTHING BAD about Rivers, NO ONE.

at the end of the yr more than likley brees or rivers will be gone which one would you keep?

SkapePhin said:
Ya.. It does.. Im sorry that I have to bring everyone else around here down as well.. Im looking for a bridge though, so maybe that will cheer you up..

hey man, whatever works for you.. all the best!

RAS25 said:
at the end of the yr more than likley brees or rivers will be gone which one would you keep?

Thats why I posted this here.. I figured something was wrong with him from what I gathered was the general charger perception of Rivers.. And I wanted Rivers to be traded here, would be good to know why they felt that way.. Turns out I took alot of info from a small sample that may not be the norm.. Foolish of me and I apologize..

RAS25 said:

hard to say...IMHO, I really think the game has slowed down for Brees. He manages the games well, on both games that we lost this year, they were both games that we had the opportunity to win in the last seconds....but then I really do think Rivers is special, so its really hard to tell....But right now, I am liking the confidenec Brees is bringing on the table.

FiN.in.RI said:
hey man, whatever works for you.. all the best!

I made an avatar for you if you want to use it..
clear.gif

:D

From fanball.com

September 30, 2005 11:00 AM ET
Chargers: Team can keep both Brees and Rivers
The News

Despite popular belief, the Chargers could in theory afford to keep both starter Drew Brees and backup Philip Rivers in the future. They are well under the salary cap, the bulk of Rivers' enormous contract has already been paid out, and if San Diego signs Brees to a long-term deal, they can spread his contract out over several seasons. "We don't have to do anything," general manager A.J. Smith told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "I like having two [quarterbacks as] injury protection."
Our View

Of course Smith doesn't mind having two solid quarterbacks; the problem is how the two passers handle it. Assuming Brees navigates a brutally difficult schedule to maintain his hold on the job, it's unlikely that Rivers will be too eager to return to the team as a backup for the third straight season. As for Brees, he's still seeking that big contract and won't be too happy if he once again is slapped with the franchise tag. Smith's desire aside, this still looks like a messy situation that will have to be addressed at the end of this season.

Back
Top Bottom