why i think we should let welker go... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why i think we should let welker go...

what we need are five main spots to upgrade: LT, WR, CB, NT, and OLB.

we have the #9 pick in the draft with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

we need to target Eric Steinbach and Nate Clements via FA. Then, by letting Welker go...we can restructure Booker's contract and sign Kevin Curtis who is a speedster to replace Welker.

Curtis has the ability that Welker doesnt have to play the "outside" when he comes in and then we can move Chambers to the slot with Booker being a reliable possession receiver.

Hagan can back Booker up with Vick becoming our KR/PR.

This would open up our draft options come time for the draft.

We can then have the options to either draft a NT, OLB, or QB to replace Harrington at #9. Or we can trade down. :wink:

:lol: I thought I was the only one pushing for us to get Curtis. I would keep Welker as our 5th receiver but I agree we need some speed and Curtis will come cheap and is great value. If we get the right off coord, he'll be able to use effectively.

Why would you re-sign Booker who can't stay healthy, and release a guy in Welker that is always trying to do his best and is more healthy then Booker will ever be.

Because Booker scores and Wes does not
The object is to score more points and Wes does not score no matter where he is at...kickoff returns,punt returns,receiving.

Now your being ......
comparing probowl to toilet bowl production

ha, yea its funny how people wanna compare Jason Taylor on D to Wes Welker on O . . . like Wes is our offensive version of JT or something. I think even if comparing TD's per season . . .JT still tops out over Wes. Iono, Wes definitely isn't underrated on this site, he is by far the most OVERRATED player on Finheaven.

How is it that this thread is still going? I've seen the title many times over the past two days and I dismiss it each time!! But yet, here it is, still going like the Energizer bunny!!

I've never seen a thread so way off the mark as this one!! Are we kidding here folks?

I'm not one to supress anyone's opinion, so feel free to post whatever you want. But this is just madness! Why would we ever get rid of one of the few offensive overachievers that we have????

I've read "he doesn't score touchdowns" .... maybe I was watching a different season, but I don't believe we scored all that many TDs altogether!! For a WR to catch TDs, we need a QB who can actually throw them.

Back
Top Bottom