Why is Notre Dame ranked so high? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Notre Dame ranked so high?

PSUFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you take a look at the teams they beat, their run really isn't that impressive. They took advantage of the fact that Pitt, Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue were all viewed as good teams when they played them. Put if you look at the ranking today, three of those four teams are nowhere to be seen. The problem is that the human polls wont drop Notre Dame because of this. Plus their two losses came at home. Now look at the three teams ranked directly bellow them, Florida State, Penn State, and Georgia. All three of those teams have one loss, all of which happened on the road. Penn State and Georgia lost to ranked teams. Penn State lost on the final play of the game. Georgia lost without their starting quarterback. Florida State beat a team that is currently ranked number 5. Penn State beat a team that is currently ranked number 12. Can any of you honestly say after seeing these stats that Notre Dame belongs above these three teams.

Cause if your 7-1 you deserve to be ranked that high. The teams they beat when they beat them were high, Penn State should actually be 8-0 right now but after losing Derek Williams i really dont care for them anymore.

If PSU beats Wisconsin this weekend, they should move up in the polls.

I agree, I dont think ND should be ranked that high. The one thing I give them though is that they SHOULD have beaten USC.

PSU with DW is a top 5 team. Brad is just from Michigan and is a hater. I wouldnt rank PSU above 8th. Without DW, they are not one of the top tier 1 loss teams.

I agree with ND though.

Penn State will not beat Wisconsin this week. It will not happen Wisconsin is alot better team then PSU. You will see this weekend when Calhoun runs all over them. He is a top 3 RB in the NCAA.

Brad528 said:
Penn State will not beat Wisconsin this week. It will not happen Wisconsin is alot better team then PSU. You will see this weekend when Calhoun runs all over them. He is a top 3 RB in the NCAA.
Where would you rank Maroney? How did he do against PSU? :lol:

ND is severely overrated, but the mdeia loves 'em. should a team that lost to #1 and gave up almost half-hundred to an unranked team be ranked over a team that lost to #9 and #3? nope, but they are.

Phishstix said:
ND is severely overrated, but the mdeia loves 'em. should a team that lost to #1 and gave up almost half-hundred to an unranked team be ranked over a team that lost to #9 and #3? nope, but they are.

I agree, Charlie Weis is being made out to be a hero when he has the same record as Urban Meyer at Florida and Meyer is looked at as struggling.

SpeedRush99 said:
I agree, Charlie Weis is being made out to be a hero when he has the same record as Urban Meyer at Florida and Meyer is looked at as struggling.

Charlie Weis has the same record as a TON of other schools in the NCAA, not just Florida.

The media just loves ND this year.

SpeedRush99 said:

Because Meyer had a more talented team than Weis had going into the year. Obviously Weis has got more out of his lesser talent to date so far.

ether79 said:
Because Meyer had a more talented team than Weis had going into the year. Obviously Weis has got more out of his lesser talent to date so far.
bingo

ether79 said:

Meyer also lost to two of the best teams in the country in LSU and Alabama. They also beat one of the best in Georgia. I find that more impressive then losing to an unranked team at home and "hanging with" the number one team in the country and not beating any team in the top 20.

Philter25 said:
Charlie Weis has the same record as a TON of other schools in the NCAA, not just Florida.

The media just loves ND this year.

I'm well aware of that. I was just giving an example of two new coaches at big schools.

PSUFinFan said:
Meyer also lost to two of the best teams in the country in LSU and Alabama. They also beat one of the best in Georgia. I find that more impressive then losing to an unranked team at home and "hanging with" the number one team in the country and not beating any team in the top 20.

At the time MSU was in the top 15 or so, they were undefeated, and it was a double overtime game with a horrible call that cost them the game IMO. No one and Im mean no one has came that close to beating USC at home, away, or a neutral site..so take homerism out of the equation and you'll see what most others see. I am a Purdue fan by the way so I have no stake in this. PSU and ND ripped us apart.

ether79 said:
At the time MSU was in the top 15 or so, they were undefeated, and it was a double overtime game with a horrible call that cost them the game IMO. No one and Im mean no one has came that close to beating USC at home, away, or a neutral site..so take homerism out of the equation and you'll see what most others see. I am a Purdue fan by the way so I have no stake in this. PSU and ND ripped us apart.

You are right, MSU was highly ranked when they played Notre Dame. So was Michigan, Pitt, and Purdue. The problem is that all of those teams have fallen in the weeks since they played Notre Dame. Their early season victories at Pitt and Michigan looked like huge upsets weeks ago, now look like games that Notre Dame should have won. And I don't see how losing a game at home, even if it is against the best team in the country, can be considered a positive reason they should be ranked so high. Even if you just ignore ND's game against USC, Penn State and Georgia's losses came against better teams then MSU. Penn State's happend on the last play of the game on the road. Georgia's happened in a tight road game without their starting quaterback.

Back
Top Bottom