Why Miami doesn't make the playoffs in 2017 - CBS Sports | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami doesn't make the playoffs in 2017 - CBS Sports

Someone tell this guy even Nostrodamas was wrong a lot. And was "elite". This guy ain't.

CBS, NBC, ABC = FAKE NEWS All Trump and Fin haters

9149153_orig.gif

1. Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

The bottom line is you really can't predict any of this crap without knowing which players are healthy and which ones are hurt. The longer I watch football the more I realize this. I's a game of attrition and actually quite amazing what we were able to accomplish with all of the special teamers we had on defense at the end of last year. To put it in perspective Picture NE without:

Brady - we lost our starting QB
Gronk - we lost our starting TE
Chung - we lost our starting SS
McCourty - we lost our starting FS
Butler - we lost our #1 CB
Starting SLB - we lost our starting SLB
Starting WLB - we lost our starting WLB
and Hightower playing with a club on his hand

Not so scary is it? People on the team for losing that playoff game are idiots, it would have been a miracle had we won anything more.

I feel like those counting on Pouncy are going to be let down. Again.

At this point in the offseason, you can make good arguments for Miami making the playoffs and not making the playoffs.

The fact that the team made it last year with so many injuries, though, speaks volumes. The team likely won't have as many injuries, the odds certainly are in Miami's favor there.

I tend to look at the last 11 games last year when the team got comfortable in Adam Gase's offense and went 9-2. It wasn't always pretty, but the team found ways to win.

It could go either way, but I think the team absolutely has to get off to a fast start to have a chance.

This is just all speculation until the first few games have been played and we know where teams stand. I like the doubt, so when we crush teams that eyebrow goes through the roof.

At this point in the offseason, you can make good arguments for Miami making the playoffs and not making the playoffs.

The fact that the team made it last year with so many injuries, though, speaks volumes. The team likely won't have as many injuries, the odds certainly are in Miami's favor there.

I tend to look at the last 11 games last year when the team got comfortable in Adam Gase's offense and went 9-2. It wasn't always pretty, but the team found ways to win.

It could go either way, but I think the team absolutely has to get off to a fast start to have a chance.

My struggle with some Fin fans is inconsistency in the injury concern. They list (correctly) players with an injury hx and exhibit serious hand-wringing over the concern of losing so many starters, . . . yet, seem to assume the other 31 teams will experience NO injuries. Unrealistic. Either ignore Miami's potential injuries or dock other teams for players with injury hxs. Even the playing field.

That said, I agree on games 6 > 14. I saw a lot to like. And, I agree, can't afford a 2-3 start. Personally, I expect the run D to be much better. Hoping I'm right.

This guy claims that moving Tunsil to LT is going to affect the continuity of the line. Did he not realize that Albert was out for 4 games last season and left many other games injured last season. Tunsil played nearly half of the games at LT last season so we will actually be building on the continuity from the end of the season.

That's a worst case scenario analysis. Basically if all of this goes wrong, they'll miss the playoffs.

Thanks for that. I mean why don't you just print, "If Ryan Tannehill's head fell off, he'll probably regress this season."

My struggle with some Fin fans is inconsistency in the injury concern. They list (correctly) players with an injury hx and exhibit serious hand-wringing over the concern of losing so many starters, . . . yet, seem to assume the other 31 teams will experience NO injuries. Unrealistic. Either ignore Miami's potential injuries or dock other teams for players with injury hxs. Even the playing field.

That said, I agree on games 6 > 14. I saw a lot to like. And, I agree, can't afford a 2-3 start. Personally, I expect the run D to be much better. Hoping I'm right.

One of the things I liked about this offseason was the front office's concentration on adding players without an injury history. Those guys who are always on the field like Timmons.

Of course, we all know that injuries are unpredictable but Miami has consistently drafted players with an injury history pretty high. Should it then be a surprise that so many players are injured?

Back
Top Bottom