Why Miami should NOT resign any of their free agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami should NOT resign any of their free agents

Reshad isn't a FA, but he'll get his extension this offseason though.

Starks and Smith need to be resigned. With Bush a little behind him. Smith is the only CB on this team I "trust". No need t make a hole on team a even worse hole, stupid idea. Starks is also a valuable piece to our 4-3. Don't know enough about Odrick to trust him go move inside.

All these guys are only valuable to us because Ireland drafts so poorly. When u enter the Draft every year with more needs than the year before, you're not drafting well. Green bay might be letting Jennings go this year because they've drafted Jones, Nelson, and Cobb to replace him. We never develop players or even give them time to develop. We always seem to go into draft needing home runs on every pick and expecting them to start day 1 or they're a bust. The Draft is for loading up the team with great talent for the future. Ireland has drafted multiple one and done players, which is unacceptable!!! Thats why we're in the position we're in with our Fa's. What team is Hartline starting for other than us??? Sean Smith was the most picked on corner in the NFL. How many plays did he make??? Clemmons is ok but that's not good. I like Starks but Odrick is better suited inside. Fasano is a good blocker and Redzone threat but offers little between the 20s. Bush needs to re-signed but only if team friendly and a plan to use him right!!! Long would be welcome back at a cap friendly deal as well. If we re-sign all these guys, we're setting ourselves up for another 3-4 losing seasons and I'm not excited about that. Sign proven NFL playmakers and draft college playmakers, if you miss, you miss. If you sign average talent, you get average production!!! We have picks and money, use them on stars Ireland!!!

Do i really want Smith, Fasano , Hartline, Bush, Clemons and Starks... er yes, yes I do.
I don't.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

The idea is to get better and that won't happen if we just continue to re-sign our own mediocre free agents that have led us nowhere in 4 years.

So even bad teams don't have some good players? Good god, fisi you just keep cracking out terrible threads

What ?? Dude, I said a couple of these players "deserve" to be resigned. Everyone is saying the same thing but want them only back if they accept 'reasonable" otherwise cheap deals. If they're so good, you want them back at all cost.

The bottom line is the Dolphins need to get better and letting good players go doesn't make sense. Starks is a near pro bowl talent and, while I agree his best years are probably behind him, I think he still has good years left. You do have to be careful not to overpay. Bush is another guy who has been very productive here. As Miami gets more playmakers on offense, his numbers could still explode. I'd keep him at the right price. Long is a harder decision. His first few years in the league he was not only a pro bowler, but looking like a potential Hall of Famer. Have injuries caught up, or will he rebound? I'm on the fence. Then there are the average guys like Smith, Clemons, Fasano. I'd look to upgrade there.

Back
Top Bottom