Why not do a Jimmy Johnson draft this year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not do a Jimmy Johnson draft this year.

Our front office can't scout or draft effectively so I doubt it matters how many picks we have

Smh I just don’t get the tannenbaum hate on this site. Its beyond delusional

I think it stems from the fact that he's a shitty GM who hands out shitty contracts to cast off veterans while drafting a barrel full of mediocrity (at best), but I can't speak for everybody on the site.

The browns results aren’t there yet, but they have some pieces and a boat load of picks coming up.

They don't have anything. That whole organization is trash from top to bottom; they have a Myles Garrett and a dumpster fire. Selling your fans on "picks and money" only last one offseason, they're about to be on year 3.

If I'm building a team from the ground up I'll take the Browns
situation next season with 7 picks in the top 100 and another
6 more picks plus the $100 million + in cap space

They don't have anything. That whole organization is trash from top to bottom; they have a Myles Garrett and a dumpster fire. Selling your fans on "picks and money" only last one offseason, they're about to be on year 3.

The Browns have missed on a lot of picks, but Ogbah is perhaps the most underrated DE in the NFL; Njoku will be a stud; Peppers will be a stud if they stop playing him at FS; and, C. Coleman will be a stud if he can stay healthy/play with a decent QB.

They need more help at the 2nd and 3rd levels on D, and they need more help at WR and (potentially) OL and RB. But, they really need Kizer to step up, or they need to find a new QB. Could have had Garrett and Watson, and that has to sting.

The Browns have missed on a lot of picks, but Ogbah is perhaps the most underrated DE in the NFL; Njoku will be a stud; Peppers will be a stud if they stop playing him at FS; and, C. Coleman will be a stud if he can stay healthy/play with a decent QB.

They need more help at the 2nd and 3rd levels on D, and they need more help at WR and (potentially) OL and RB. But, they really need Kizer to step up, or they need to find a new QB. Could have had Garrett and Watson, and that has to sting.

Could of had Carson Wentz too the year before. Talking about "chips" and "pieces" is usually an indication youre spinning your wheels. Ireland wasted two seasons gathering acorns and picks to set up his giant 2013 offseason and we have nothing to show for it. It should take 2 offseasons to build a competitive team even in the most dire scenarios with identifiable improvement along the way. The Browns are an absolute dumpster fire and i'd bet that's not changing anytime soon. Competitive and rebuilding do not need to be mutually exclusive and when they are treated as such all you get is a bunch of wasted seasons.

Last time we traded down we gave up Earl Thomas, and took Odrick and Misi, that worked out well. For the Seahawks !!!

The Browns will easily have a more talented roster than us by next year or the year after. Then look at our roster, look at our draft classes, we've gotten Landry recently and then a bunch of no body's. I can't think of one draft of ours out of the last 10 years that was actually a really good draft.

Last time we traded down we gave up Earl Thomas, and took Odrick and Misi, that worked out well. For the Seahawks !!!

I don't think the trade was that bad. We remained twice within the Top 40, which is the value area, IMO. Obviously the problem was what we did with those picks. Gronkowski was available both times. If you take him then nobody really cares about missing out on Earl Thomas.

My bark in that draft was what we did later on, taking John Jerry when both Jimmy Graham and Everson Griffen were sitting there. Both of those guys had deserved pre draft hype but then sat on the board for much longer than logical. I remember ckparrothead liked Griffen as much as I did.

The Dolphins need great players. It never occurred to me that they couldn't be acquired later on. I think I was spoiled by the early '70s Dolphins and then attending USC during the Ronnie Lott/Marcus Allen era. So I've gone back and forth on this topic. Last year if you had told me we would pick Charles Harris then I'd be begging to trade down and stay twice within the Top 40. But if there's a truly great prospect I'd stay put.

The Browns will easily have a more talented roster than us by next year or the year after. Then look at our roster, look at our draft classes, we've gotten Landry recently and then a bunch of no body's. I can't think of one draft of ours out of the last 10 years that was actually a really good draft.

The Browns are probably 10 points better than the recent won/loss record suggests, in terms of near term potential. That's why I asked in the main forum the other day if we're really better off than they are. I think it would be entertaining as heck to desperately try to win just one game, as opposed to dependable mediocrity, as long as you understand there are excellent building blocks already on the roster.

I think we just picked up a Browns reject in Tracy Howard.

I'm fine with a Jimmy Johnson inspired draft if Jimmy Johnson is out there doing some research for us as a consultant and selecting the defensive players we draft.

Good luck with that, though.

This year Miami could trade down multiple times and still land the top TE and center in the draft. Based on needs it would be a decent year to do so.

We can't trade down because our front office is terrible at selecting day 2 valubles. We need to build with alpha character blue chip players whose ethic and drive inspires their teammates. There is too much complainy BS body language on our squad from guys who are upset when things go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom