why not ingram and ponder to solve our QB and RB problem and go OL and Te in FA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why not ingram and ponder to solve our QB and RB problem and go OL and Te in FA

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello from france everydolfan !

I'am coming back from 2 weeks of work and I am happy to found this forum again !

We have many problem on offensive side, and for me we must continue with young player.....so in my opinion we will draft a RB and a QB.

I don't know much college football, but mark ingram seems to be a sure choice without many risk......so why not him with our first and pick ponder in the third (he was a first round projection before the season and seems better than henne for me).

with that, we could get 1 or 2 good OL in FA and at TE why not a FA too ?

opinion !

i would actually be fine with this. Ponder has shown that he can be elite. His stats this year didnt reflect that because he was hurt all year. He's very smart, and has all the necessary tools. He can be a steal if dropping to the third. A lot of people place him there because of durability, but when looking at his injuries, they're all self inflicted. He put himself at risk by lowering his shoulder on db's or lb's. that, obviously would have to stop. I think with the first round though, I would like to take a speedy wr that could stretch the field. take a chance on a rb later in the draft or in fa.

I kind of in the same boat... i want to take a julio jones type player... maybe grab a running back similar to the stud from illinois in the middle rounds.

we need playmakers and gamechangers.

lol ponder

I'd rather keep Thiggy than draft Ponder

Ingram I wouldn't mind though

lol ponder

I'd rather keep Thiggy than draft Ponder

Ingram I wouldn't mind though

cause you're a cane fan? or do you actually have valid reasoning? regardless of which one, it's hard to deny that he's shown that he can be a great qb when healthy. and for a third, i would absolutely do it.

i Live in tallahassee and i can guarantee that the fins will take a long look at C. Ponder. This guy is definitely a good player. HAs a strong (nfl) arm. Can make all the throws. Is accurate. and very intelligent. He has the make-up this organization looks for. The only knock is he hasn't played in too many HUGE games.

As the original poster stated his senior year was slated to be a breakout one until he was injured. Im told he will be 100% by time for the draft process to begin. The miami dolphins could do a lot worse than Ponder in the third. I would suspect tho that Ponder ends up moving up the board after the combine and pro day. He is a guy no one can help but to like. It would most likely require a mid second round pick to get him . But if hes there in the third Im all for it.

i Live in tallahassee and i can guarantee that the fins will take a long look at C. Ponder. This guy is definitely a good player. HAs a strong (nfl) arm. Can make all the throws. Is accurate. and very intelligent. He has the make-up this organization looks for. The only knock is he hasn't played in too many HUGE games.

As the original poster stated his senior year was slated to be a breakout one until he was injured. Im told he will be 100% by time for the draft process to begin. The miami dolphins could do a lot worse than Ponder in the third. I would suspect tho that Ponder ends up moving up the board after the combine and pro day. He is a guy no one can help but to like. It would most likely require a mid second round pick to get him . But if hes there in the third Im all for it.
agree. which brings up another question...do you expect to keep our 1st or trade down. if he ends up a true target, i wouldnt hate trade for two 2nds. there should still be decent wr's plus ponder. thought?

Ponder? Really?

I go to FSU and live in Tallahassee so I've seen every snap Ponder has taken. He's a great player who works hard, but I have never seen him throw a bullet pass. Some blame it on the injury, which is bull crap b/c he wasn't injured two seasons ago when he threw floaters all day. His screen throws take about 2.5 seconds to get the reciever, I personally do not see an NFL arm. I see a smart guy who would work his hardest, but most likely come up short

I would hate it if we drafted ingram..the kid is small, which isnt really a down fall but id be damn if we spend our first on a back..can he return kicks? we can get a good back in the later rounds.

Draft Ingram(RB) sign Vince Young(QB), sign Zach Miller(TE), then maybe another WR like James Jones or Steve Breaston NOW we have weapons

Didn't Brown teach you anything? You don't draft an RB in the first...not even Ingram. You can get much more value in later rounds. Also, our OL is more of a problem than which RB we get. But our #1 problem is QB...plain and simple. If you don't get one and go with an FA, you are just putting a band-aid on the problem. We need to draft a QB in the 1st every ****ing year until we hit!! Period!

I would hate it if we drafted ingram..the kid is small, which isnt really a down fall but id be damn if we spend our first on a back..can he return kicks? we can get a good back in the later rounds.

5'10..220 lbs...small? built like a brickhouse...elite back

Didn't Brown teach you anything? You don't draft an RB in the first...not even Ingram. You can get much more value in later rounds. Also, our OL is more of a problem than which RB we get. But our #1 problem is QB...plain and simple. If you don't get one and go with an FA, you are just putting a band-aid on the problem. We need to draft a QB in the 1st every ****ing year until we hit!! Period!

were not talking 1-5 in the first round, BUT with the 15th pick i would draft INGRAM rather than draft a bust QB!!!!!!!

I'm usually fundamentally opposed to taking a RB in the 1st. But this could be an exception. QB options are limited. We don't have a ludicrously high pick like we did with Ronnie and Ingram has shown uber ability in the college game. He's just a much better prospect than Ronnie and we'd be picking him over 10 picks later and not passing on anyone the caliber of Rodgers. We need some kind of identity on offense and QB will need time to solve properly so we should focus on the running game. I'm fine with taking a flier on a later round QB as long as we don't anoint him for no damn reason (Henne) and continue to address the QB position.

Back
Top Bottom