Why so down on RB Elliott? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why so down on RB Elliott?

fin4life2

Starter
Reaction score
Why are most people on here so down on Elliott as the the pick? The guy is projected to be a great RB. Not sure why so many are down on this draft. We can have a great RB. I liked Lamar Miller but I just don't think he was great. Please explain.

No doubt Zeke is really good but 90%+ likely that he's taken before we pick at #13. Whipping up excitement for the Dolphins to draft him seems a waste of time. Get set for a sensible needed player like a CB, eg Apple or Jackson.

Still he was rated highly and we drafted him high. Didn't really work out like we had hoped.

Just makes me think of Ronnie Brown. Good but not great.

Poor comparison. Ronnie Brown was a great physical specimen with a very good combine who was a part time starter on a good Auburn team.
Elliott was a very productive full time starter on a good football team who exhibited better vision and better lateral agility than Ronie Brown ever did.
RB was also the 2nd pick in the draft (instead of Aaron Rodgers....ARGHHH) rather than 13th. That is a big difference as I don't think Elliott would be in the discussion as the 2nd overall pick.

I'd be happy to get him at #13. But I hope we don't trade up for him.

Im not down on him. I think hes good but in todays NFL, most teams use two backs to do the job of one. You throw two pinatas back there to do the work instead of paying big for one or wasting a 1st rd pick on one.

I don't have an issue with him, I have an issue with the fact that we have so many holes to fill and RB should not have been one of them. If he is there at 13, we need to consider him. I like his value at 13 more than Apple.

I don't have an issue with him, I have an issue with the fact that we have so many holes to fill and RB should not have been one of them. If he is there at 13, we need to consider him. I like his value at 13 more than Apple.

this

Elliot's a really good RB prospect, but taking a RB first when you have so many needs just seems insane. Hell before the FO's recent ****ups RB was already a strength for us and even with fumbling away our starter we already have a talented, young incumbent in Ajayi. It's not a slight on Elliot, it's just we don't have the luxury of that pick. There are so many enormously talented RBs to be found later in the draft. With a vet QB and a number of talented receivers to get involved and an already talented young back to give carries AND a very questionable oline AND a talent bankrupt defense, it would be ****ing stupid to use our first pick on a RB.

:lol: :lol: so true

I was down on the Ronnie Brown pick. I was baffled that Nick Saban didnt want Smith or Aaron Rogers. My third choice was Demarcus Ware. I like Ronnie Brown but he was drafted way too high. The same with Elliott, i like him but I do not see him as an all time great type of back. When I seen Marshall Faulk I immediately thought all-time back, the same as Adrian Peterson.

he is a BIG10 rb, they rarely do well in the NFL. Simply OVERATED.!

Back
Top Bottom