Why Spygate Is The Most Disgraceful Episode In Recent Sports Media History | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Spygate Is The Most Disgraceful Episode In Recent Sports Media History

also the most disgraceful actions by a franchise in recent sports history

This would just go away a bit if the Pats and their fans would just suck it up, admit they cheated and move on . They keep trying to convince us they didn't do anything wrong and keep blaming other factors. This was a HUGE story, what did you expect the media to do? I am tired of the excuses. You cheated, you got caught and they gave you a little penalty all while destroying evidence so the public never knows what really went on. Just be thankful the league destroyed the tapes b/c I have a feeling there was alot worse stuff on those tapes for them to do that.

This would just go away a bit if the Pats and their fans would just suck it up, admit they cheated and move on . They keep trying to convinve us they didn't do anything wromng and keep blaming other factors. This was a HUGE story, what did you expect the media to do? I am tired of the excuses. You cheated, you got caught and they gave you a little penalty all while destroying evidence so the public never knows what really went on. Just be thankful the league destroyed the tapes b/c I have a feeling there was alot worse stuff on those tapes for them to do that.

AMEN!

all while destroying evidence so the public never knows what really went on. Just be thankful the league destroyed the tapes b/c I have a feeling there was alot worse stuff on those tapes for them to do that.
And the rest of the league.

But we'll ignore that part.

If other teams were doing it they were smart enough to stop when the league caught the Pats in '06 but the Pats thought they were above the law and they got caught. Was the rest of the league also practicing w/ players on IR too?

This is interesting. People like you act that everyone else cheats as well. The fact is that you can insinuate that everyone else does it all you want but there has been zero evidence of it.

If the patriots team beat up a bunch of boyscouts would you say its ok because everyone else does it?

By the way if everyone else really does steal signals therefore its not bad, then the patriots are the worst cheaters ever to get caught in 2006 and 2007 before any of the other 31 cheaters got caught.

:lol:

Love these Pats fans who you can bet aren't just loggin on to this site but I'm sure any other teams site to post any Boston based arguments meant to dismiss any negativity towards the Pats in this mess THEY created.

If you guys did nothing wrong, why even bother carrying on such a crusade and do you really think you are changing the views of fans from any other franchise but your own?

If other teams were doing it they were smart enough to stop when the league caught the Pats in '06 but the Pats thought they were above the law and they got caught. Was the rest of the league also practicing w/ players on IR too?

Specter: Walsh indicated Jets taped as well

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
Sen. Arlen Specter said former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh indicated he saw the Jets taping signals at one point during a Jets-Patriots game, but Walsh did not say anything about it at the time. Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee.

Hey Arlen and Roger why no investigation of the jets?

How about the righteous acting Jets fans who quote Walsh's statements like they come from God himself. I guess there is no "if's" about weather other teams were doing it

Specter: Walsh indicated Jets taped as well

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
Sen. Arlen Specter said former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh indicated he saw the Jets taping signals at one point during a Jets-Patriots game, but Walsh did not say anything about it at the time. Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee.

Hey Arlen and Roger why no investigation of the jets?

How about the righteous acting Jets fans who quote Walsh's statements like they come from God himself. I guess there is no "if's" about weather other teams were doing it

I just love this. Pats fans will tell us over and over what a liar Matt Walsh is but then he says the Jets also spied and now we are supposed to believe him?

I just love this. Pats fans will tell us over and over what a liar Matt Walsh is but then he says the Jets also spied and now we are supposed to believe him?

Actually this thread topic was about how this was mishandled by the media until you jumped in all high and mighty and tell us "This would just go away a bit if the Pats and their fans would just suck it up, admit they cheated and move on".
I guess jets fans can't suck it up and admit your own team also cheated.
In the end it turned out it wasn't Walsh who was a liar it was bad reporting.
This is a huge story and it should also be investigated.

Actually this thread topic was about how this was mishandled by the media until you jumped in all high and mighty and tell us "This would just go away a bit if the Pats and their fans would just suck it up, admit they cheated and move on".
I guess jets fans can't suck it up and admit your own team also cheated.
In the end it turned out it wasn't Walsh who was a liar it was bad reporting.
This is a huge story and it should also be investigated.

No, this thread was another whiny Pats fan thread w/ the "world is against the Pats" attitude as if media is trying to drag down the Pats. The story was a huge story- what did you expect the media to do?

There's no proof the Jets cheated, the Pats tried to bring that up last yera and the league found the Jets did nothing wrong but keep deflecting if it makes you feel better. If the jets did do it I'm sure at some point I would have tried to make excuses like the Pats fans have but at some point you have to accept it and move on.

No, this thread was another whiny Pats fan thread w/ the "world is against the Pats" attitude as if media is trying to drag down the Pats. The story was a huge story- what did you expect the media to do?

I started this thread with nothing more than a link. Post #3 was the first real whiny post and that came from you. The initial story line of illegal video tapes is one thing but from that point on the media blew everything up. Reporting a walk thru tape with not one ounce of proof just some lame anomyous source one that hadn't seen any such tape. If that wasn't trying to drag down the Pats then I have a nice bridge to sell you.

There's no proof the Jets cheated, the Pats tried to bring that up last yera and the league found the Jets did nothing wrong but keep deflecting if it makes you feel better. If the jets did do it I'm sure at some point I would have tried to make excuses like the Pats fans have but at some point you have to accept it and move on.

Investigation hogwash.
Obviously Walsh isn't talking about last year since he hasn't been with the pats since 2002. This was before that time.
The league clearly hadn't spoken to Matt Walsh then so that investigation should be reopened. And you talk about excuses. Perhaps next time before you step up on your pulpit to throw sh*# at pats fans you might want to check your own house because its far from squeaky clean in the Jersey swamp.

I started this thread with nothing more than a link. Post #3 was the first real whiny post and that came from you. The initial story line of illegal video tapes is one thing but from that point on the media blew everything up. Reporting a walk thru tape with not one ounce of proof just some lame anomyous source one that hadn't seen any such tape. If that wasn't trying to drag down the Pats then I have a nice bridge to sell you.

Investigation hogwash.
Obviously Walsh isn't talking about last year since he hasn't been with the pats since 2002. This was before that time.
The league clearly hadn't spoken to Matt Walsh then so that investigation should be reopened. And you talk about excuses. Perhaps next time before you step up on your pulpit to throw sh*# at pats fans you might want to check your own house because its far from squeaky clean in the Jersey swamp.

Again, this was another Pats excuse thread.

It's pure comedy how Pats fans refuse to believe anything Walsh had to say about the Pats but he says something negative about the Jets and you believe him. AGAIN- which is it? Is Walsh telling the truth or not?

Back
Top Bottom