Why Spygate Is The Most Disgraceful Episode In Recent Sports Media History | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Spygate Is The Most Disgraceful Episode In Recent Sports Media History

well. that was the most biased and least credible article i have ever read. fantastic.

Pats fans should be thankful the media that's out to get them is ignoring the IR story.

Pats fans should be thankful the media that's out to get them is ignoring the IR story.

Why according to you Walsh can't be believed. Oh thats right he can when he reports crap about the Pats but not the jets.

:up:

Why according to you Walsh can't be believed. Oh thats right he can when he reports crap about the Pats but not the jets.

:up:

The difference is I never called him a liar like you guys have. I believe he did tell the truth about seeing a Jets cameraman but he has no idea what they were doing. Maybe we did cheat too? I don't know, there's no evidence to back that up. When there is I will be embarrassed and admit the Jets cheated and it will be worse since we didn't win if we were found to have cheated.

The difference is I never called him a liar like you guys have. I believe he did tell the truth about seeing a Jets cameraman but he has no idea what they were doing. Maybe we did cheat too? I don't know, there's no evidence to back that up. When there is I will be embarrassed and admit the Jets cheated and it will be worse since we didn't win if we were found to have cheated.

"You guys?"
Please go and find where I called him a liar. Also while your at it find where I denied the Pats illegally video taped or said it was no big deal. You've made statements that if pats fans would just suck it up and admit they cheated. I've haven't tried to defend the Pats wrong doing yet all I hear from you is I'm making excuses. The way I feel about Walsh's statements is you either believe his statements in entirety or you don't. My point about posting his statements regarding the jets video taping was that I find it funny the press hasn't picked up on anything the man has said unless in involves the Patriots. We've heard all about the IR incident but almost nothing about the reports of the jets video taping.
That fact supports my original post about how the media has had a witch hunt agenda with the reporting of spygate.

I apologize then, it's just everywhere I turn Pats fans are whining about something in an effort to somehow justify what the Pats did was ok. The media has to cover something like this the way they did, it's a HUGE story. I don't know what you expected? Last year the complainst of the Pats against the Jets were covered but these latest allegations by Wlash happened w/ a previous regime so it's a non-story. It's a non-story anyway b/c all Walsh said was he saw a Jets cameraman and assumed he was doing the same thing he was. There's not much to that but there is something to the IR story which has basically been ignored. The Pats have been the darlings of the league all decade which is why they destroyed the tapes and slapped them on the wrist last year.

"You guys?"
Please go and find where I called him a liar. Also while your at it find where I denied the Pats illegally video taped or said it was no big deal.

Ask and Ye shall receive:

2/01/08
MR NFLFAN said:
"Belichick broke the video tape rule for sure but I think the whole spygate thing and the advantages of the tapes was really blown out of proportion big time.

3/10/08
MR NFLFAN said:
As to your question about Matt Walsh I can't give you an answer. I'd like to know a bit more back ground on the man but my initial feeling is he's not the most credible man.

Call it what you want (i.e. defelction..whatever) but to me if you have shown a past history of deceit and lies I'm not going to just take you at your word.
3/19/08
MR NFLFAN said:
Being fired for secrectly taping conversations with Pioli and stealing league properity along with lying about his actual position with the Patriots and a non exsistant confidentiality agreement doesn't pass my smell test either.

Specter: Walsh indicated Jets taped as well

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
Sen. Arlen Specter said former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh indicated he saw the Jets taping signals at one point during a Jets-Patriots game, but Walsh did not say anything about it at the time. Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee.

Hey Arlen and Roger why no investigation of the jets?

How about the righteous acting Jets fans who quote Walsh's statements like they come from God himself. I guess there is no "if's" about weather other teams were doing it

I think it's funny that you bolded those statements and not these.

"Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee."

I think it's funny that you bolded those statements and not these.

"Specter also thinks the NFL hasn't done enough to investigate the Patriots' taping practices in 2003, 2004 and 2005, even though Walsh told Specter he observed, from the stands, the Patriots taping signals after Walsh had left the organization as an employee."

Goodell already stated that Belichick told him he had "misinterrupted" the rule and had taped since he became HC in NE back in 2000. The commisioner made that statement a day or so prior to the SB so it wasn't anything we hadn't heard already.

I bolded that because it brought a new insight to other teams who possibly had "misinturrupted" the same rule. If the senator wanted to speak to walsh for enlightenment he certainly seems to have ignored the bolded line. I find it funny you think 4 month old information is news?

Care for some whine with your cheese?

Sweet, sweet nectar.

Some of my favorites from the article:
Lets get this out of the way first -Bill Belichick and the Patriots broke the rules. There is no disputing that. They were punished for it.
:lol: ... and now on to blaming someone else ... :lol:

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CHEATED AND ALL THEIR CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE NOW TAINTED.
Gee, that is such fun to say.

You can’t turn around these days without someone howling about the integrity of the game, about tainted championships, about lifetime suspensions.
Yeah, because integrity has no importance at all. The bottom line is winning at any cost, right?

Matt Walsh - Disgruntled ex-Patriots employee who was fired from his job for recording conversations with his superiors. ‘Nuff said

Arlen Specter- Disgruntled Eagles fan, who is also trying to strongarm the NFL into granting more favorable terms to Comcast, one of his key campaign contributors. He apparently believes everything he hears from Mark Schlereth on ESPN and what he reads in the New York Times, which may not be such a great idea. (See below.)

Greg Bishop, New York Times - You can detect a clear pattern in his stories. Let’s see, a puff piece on Charley Casserly in April leads to a piece in May with a “longtime N.F.L. team executive.” Think they’re not one and the same?

Another puff piece on Michael Levy in March leads to the Times getting the 8 Tapes from Walsh before the NFL did and also an exclusive interview with Matt Walsh.

Why in the world would the New York Times write a piece on Drew Bledsoe? (March 10) Well, on February 22nd, Bishop got a “a former Patriots player” to talk about the Patriots taping signals as far back as 2000. Is it too much of a stretch to consider that Bishop wrote the article on Bledsoe’s wine and coffee business ventures as payola for the info in the Feb 22nd article?

Mark Schlereth, ESPN - Prior to the Patriots, his Denver Broncos were considered a mini dynasty of their own. Now, relegated to a footnote Schlereth has tried to discredit the Patriots at every turn...
More of the let's try and shift the blame to anyone else...

Had Tomase not published his story, perhaps this thing would be a dead issue by now.
Had your coach not intentionally ignored a directive from the NFL, perhaps your organization would not be up the creek it is.

Can you sit there and realistically say that had it been Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden or Herman Edwards that did this that the stories and commentary would be as nasty and personal?
Again, let's try and shift the blame. Were any of these three men caught cheating by the NFL? Hmmm? Didn't think so.

...With Belichick, it’s because he is a cheater...
:lol: Well, he is, isn't he?

Which brings us to the best part:
It all added up to the The Most Miserable 18-1 Season in History but it clearly hasn’t stopped there.
:) Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom