Why Tannehill over Weeden or Cousins?! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tannehill over Weeden or Cousins?!

Reaching for Sanchez provides a cautionary tale when it comes to Tannehill, his experience level, his TD/Ints stats and relative inability to finish games. On the other hand Weeden beat Luck, RG3, Landry Jones and Foles, etc.

Big difference between Sanchez and Tannehill is that Miami doesn't have to start him from day 1, plus they won't have to trade up for him. Granted the Jets gave up peanuts for Sanchez but i guess you get for what you pay for. Having Tannehill's college Coach as his NFL OC is a boon because he'll already know the language, offensive concepts, and will be able to teach the offense the the rest of the team, which can potentially pay major dividends in 2013 and beyond.

I like both Tannehill and Weeden would be happy with either. Miami is drafting a QB this year because they have no one with NFL experience signed through next year. So it might as well be the guy the best chance of turning into a top tier QB. If Miami finishes the draft w/o either of those guys, it means they'll could be starting Osweiler, Foles or Cousins in 2013 and if that happens, this team is screwed.

Brandon Weeden beat Robert Griffin 59 to 24, he beat Andrew Luck in the Fiesta Bowl, he beat Landry Jones and he beat Ryan Tannehill.

If we draft Ryan Tannehill, we will have to start him from this season. It is the nature of the beast. Mike Mayock likes Tannehill but he belives that he WILL bE KILLED if played as a rookie.

I would love to draft someone other than Tannehill at 8 and move back into the late 1st round for Weeden (or trade down and grab Weeden later). Either way, to me, Weeden > Tannehill.
Is his age a factor? Of course it is, that's why he's not going #3 overall, where he may have gone had he been a 22 yr old.
As someone else has said, I'd rather have a great QB for 7 or 8 years than not at all.

Brandon Weeden beat Robert Griffin 59 to 24, he beat Andrew Luck in the Fiesta Bowl, he beat Landry Jones and he beat Ryan Tannehill.

If we draft Ryan Tannehill, we will have to start him from this season. It is the nature of the beast. Mike Mayock likes Tannehill but he belives that he WILL bE KILLED if played as a rookie.
No we don't. He can sit just like other 1st round QBs before him did. The same way Jake Locker and Christian Ponder did last season.

Not sure why everyone thinks Weeden is ready to start from day one?

When has a spread QB ever started from day one without major changes to the playbook?

Just because he is older does not make him more prepared for the NFL.

Not sure why everyone thinks Weeden is ready to start from day one?

When has a spread QB ever started from day one without major changes to the playbook?

Just because he is older does not make him more prepared for the NFL.

Exactly. Maybe he's more mature, but younger people actually learn faster.

Back
Top Bottom