Why the negativity for Cyrus Kouandijio? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the negativity for Cyrus Kouandijio?

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
He has started LT for the best O'line the last 2 years and is only 20.

DJ Fluker who was selected 11th overall last year was the RT for that line and played well as a rookie last year.

I like Zack Martin, but he projects best as a Gaurd. IMO Kouandijio is the better OT prospect. He also has the biggest upside of any OT not named Greg Robinson.

I would love CK at #19 and allow him to play RT opposite a FA LT, shoring up this line for years to come

I really don't like him. I don't like guys with heavy feet. I really didn't like Fluker either, and he didn't perform that well this year honestly. Alright but no way I would've drafted him that high. His balance is also atrocious, constantly on the ground and when he's knocked of his base he really struggles. Just my opinion, but he's more of a second round prospect to me, but has some upside for sure. He'd be a good guard prospect, but he's too tall. I would certainly pass.

I think after a real good year last season people were expecting him to demonstrably improve and dominate. He didn't dominate, and often looked out of position. It could be he was working too hard to help his guard and gave up his own position. People talk about his feet being slow and how he doesn't truly control his opponent with his hands, but again, that could be because he wants to do too much. I haven't seen him mocked to go any lower than Miami's pick, so he can't be all that poorly considered.

I'm just not sure he ends up at LT in the pros. I do like him, but I think guard would be his best position.

He's just not a top-20 guy. If he's there in the 2nd, you have to give him a serious look. He's talented, but I see him as a pretty bad reach at 19.

Kouandijo has one bad game against Oklahoma and people start saying he sux. The guy will be a good pro. I'd have no problem taking him at 19 if the other three tackles are gone.

Kouandijo has one bad game against Oklahoma and people start saying he sux. The guy will be a good pro. I'd have no problem taking him at 19 if the other three tackles are gone.

He had more than one bad game. Really he's struggled all year from the season opener against Virginia Tech.

He looked awful against Auburn in the IB.... I watched true freshman Carl Lawson do this to him over and over again...

http://ultraimg.com/images/sI2Bw.gif

If you're drafting a plug-and-play RT, I think Ja'Wuan James in the late second/early third is a far better bet than Cyrus. I'd take Ogbuehi over him too.

Slimm, you just hate 'Bama :^p

Anybody that says he's only had one bad game (Oklahoma) has only watched him in one game. The reality is the Sugar Bowl was his worst game, but he wasn't a dominant player all season. He looked terrible his last 2 games against Auburn and Oklahoma.

You're not ready for the NFL when you look like that. Kouandjio has the talent, but he was helped tremendously by playing next to Chance Warmack. A lot of his struggles this year are due to playing next to his younger brother Arie, who has been a liability in pass protection. But he's still not a dominant player.

I know what Chris Samuels and Andre Smith looked like at left tackle for Bama. They were dominant players. Even an out of shape and unmotivated Andre Smith is an above average starter in the NFL. Koundjio needed to stay.

I've mentioned before, that I'd prefer to see him at LG.

I don't believe he has the feet to man LT against NFL speed rushers and he's a waist bender and at that weight, he will tire very easily if good players just keep running the arc on him.

Anybody that says he's only had one bad game (Oklahoma) has only watched him in one game. The reality is the Sugar Bowl was his worst game, but he wasn't a dominant player all season. He looked terrible his last 2 games against Auburn and Oklahoma.

You're not ready for the NFL when you look like that. Kouandjio has the talent, but he was helped tremendously by playing next to Chance Warmack. A lot of his struggles this year are due to playing next to his younger brother Arie, who has been a liability in pass protection. But he's still not a dominant player.

I know what Chris Samuels and Andre Smith looked like at left tackle for Bama. They were dominant players. Even an out of shape and unmotivated Andre Smith is an above average starter in the NFL. Koundjio needed to stay.

Yeah he struggled. It was so bad he was first team all-sec and first team all-American.

Yeah he struggled. It was so bad he was first team all-sec and first team all-American.

So was James Carpenter before him, and he's trying to hold on to a backup job in the NFL. What's your point?

Does this look like a kid who's ready for the NFL to you? ----> http://ultraimg.com/images/sI2Bw.gif

Koundjio has talent and he's a decent prospect, but he's not an elite player. I watched Chris Samuels start all 4 years and never gave up a single sack his entire career. He didn't even allow a single QB pressure his Senior season. That's what a dominant player who's ready for the NFL looks like.

Kouandjio lacks consistency at this stage in his development. I'm not sure what you're arguing here. He struggled all season and looked more like a 2-Star freshman the last 2 games of his career at Alabama against Auburn and Oklahoma than a 1st round pick.

Those 1st Team SEC coach's votes came in long before Eric Striker exposed him in the Sugar Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom