Why the negativity for Cyrus Kouandijio? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the negativity for Cyrus Kouandijio?

I will say this in Kouandjio's defense... I believe he suffered from inferior coaching this year along with the rest of the Bama offensive line.

I've mentioned several times that Jeff Stoutland going to the NFL was a tremendous blow to Bama's coaching staff. But the point still stands... poor coaching or not, Kouandjio is a kid that needs time to polish up on technique. I wouldn't take him in the top 20. He's worth a shot beyond that point to any team needing a tackle.

So was James Carpenter before him, and he's trying to hold on to a backup job in the NFL. What's your point?

Does this look like a kid who's ready for the NFL to you? ----> http://ultraimg.com/images/sI2Bw.gif

Koundjio has talent and he's a decent prospect, but he's not an elite player. I watched Chris Samuels start all 4 years and never gave up a single sack his entire career. He didn't even allow a single QB pressure his Senior season. That's what a dominant player who's ready for the NFL looks like.

Kouandjio lacks consistency at this stage in his development. I'm not sure what you're arguing here. He struggled all season and looked more like a 2-Star freshman the last 2 games of his career at Alabama against Auburn and Oklahoma than a 1st round pick.

Those 1st Team SEC coach's votes came in long before Eric Striker exposed him in the Sugar Bowl.

Sorry for being a smartass. My point is he is a legitimate prospect. This tackle class is deep and good. The only truly elite guy is Matthews IMO. I don't even like Robinson as much as most people are saying. He holds and grabs way too much. I think Kouandjio is a top 5 tackle in this class and, according to history, that makes him a first round prospect. Other than Matthews I don't see any of these guys as sure fire, can't miss.

Sorry for being a smartass. My point is he is a legitimate prospect. This tackle class is deep and good. The only truly elite guy is Matthews IMO. I don't even like Robinson as much as most people are saying. He holds and grabs way too much. I think Kouandjio is a top 5 tackle in this class and, according to history, that makes him a first round prospect. Other than Matthews I don't see any of these guys as sure fire, can't miss.

He might go in the 1st (probably will), but just cause he's a top 5 OT doesn't make him a 1st round talent.

I also noticed his struggles late in the season. I think there is something to the perception that Bama players are rated too high and that they have often peaked in college. I wouldn't draft Kouandijio over Morgan Moses or Zach Martin. Actually, Moses would probably be my pick if he's there at 19.

Robinson is an absolute weapon in the run game, and he has all the tools to be just as dominant in pass pro. I like Matthews too, but if you're talking clearing a lane or getting out in space, they aren't in the same class.

I keep watching Cyrus...trying to see what people see, and I just can't. I don't see this top flight athleticism and great feet people seem to say he has. In fact, I see slow feet and some god awful technique on a consistent basis. To me he's a late 2 to early 3...which is lower than I've seen him. Could anyone give me a really good game of his to check out?

Back
Top Bottom