Wide Receiver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Receiver

thats why i think spielman will have a certain WR targeted and i would almost bet that it will be a chambers like deal where we end up getting Woods or Evans in the second round by dropping out of the first. all depends on Ogun and Fiedler and some other things IMO. Nobody knows bout which way it goes........

we should get Evans in the first if we get him at all b\c in the combine he rasied himself to a first round pick and Woods did too, noone thought Woods was that fast but he timed pretty good and I heard he's gained weight so now he weighs 202 at 6 ft. 2 in.

i see what youre saying nick, but look at this:
Roy Wil
Larry Fitz
Mike Wil
Reggie Wil
Michael Clayton
Rashaun Woods
Lee Evans
...all "1st round talents" (might have even missed a couple)
i find it highly unlikely that these guys all go in the first round.
it's funny, every year it comes out that so and so is now a first rounder and by the end we have about 50 guys who are first rounders with only 32 picks to be made

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i see what youre saying nick, but look at this:
Roy Wil
Larry Fitz
Mike Wil
Reggie Wil
Michael Clayton
Rashaun Woods
Lee Evans
...all "1st round talents" (might have even missed a couple)
i find it highly unlikely that these guys all go in the first round.
it's funny, every year it comes out that so and so is now a first rounder and by the end we have about 50 guys who are first rounders with only 32 picks to be made

you are right about that, there's no way all of those WRs go in the first round, but I still think we should keep both first round picks we will get so that way we can draft the WR we want the most

i agree, if our guys is htere, take him... if we are debating between woods/clatyon/evans for various reasons... drop down, grab a second rounder and a later first, take who's left at that point, we could still have a choice anyway.

I really don't know which WR we should draft, which WR do you think is best out of the three you just mentioned?

Everyone used to be high on michael clayton, but i dont even think he'll be the best WR out of LSU, i'm kind of partial to Devery Henderson(maybe thats just cause i made him awesome after i drafted him in Madden LOL). Clayton will need more time to be polished if you ask me, won't contribute as much this season as say Rashaun Woods.

Woods is a nice target to put alongside chambers who will catch most everything thrown his way. My only problem with woods is that i don't see him improving drastically, he may already be at his peak as far as strength and ability goes. He's going to have to improve his knowledge of the game to get better. However, he could probably contribute this year and be solid for years to come.

Evans is a bit of a wild card. I believe he is smaller than woods and people are down on him cause of his past knee injury, but he came back from a knee injury to run a 4.3 - 40 and i don't think hes anymore likely to blow out his knee than anyone else playing football today. If anyone saw him totally burn chris gamble this year then they can vouch for his on-field speed. The other side to this is that evans has publically said that he looks up to chambers (went to HS and college with him) and wants to be as successful as he is. SO we know hed work hard and would be willing to learn from chambers even though chambers isnt exactly a seasoned vet at the position. Also, he would be happier here and the transition would be easier since he'd already know someone.

If it comes down to it, i'm trading down and hoping Woods falls, but if Evans is there and Woods is gone after we traded down, i wouldnt be disappointed with Evans at all.

I don't like Newsome. he dropped 2 of the three passes that touched his hands during the season.

After what you said you have convinced me that Evans is a great option for us, so I want us to draft Evans, thanks for the ensight I've never seen any of the three of them play except for Woods in one game, you know all we get here in Florida is FSU, UF, and UM so I don't really pay attention to any other players

did anyone mention the CC evans connection? They would be great toghether and drive eachother to improve every play. CC may also advance evans more quikly than another wr.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
I don't like Newsome. he dropped 2 of the three passes that touched his hands during the season.

He have to had more balls thrown to him then that?

couple posts up the connection was mentioned dreadlockera by yours truly

I hope the Tolver at least gets in a couple of games this year. We should cut James Mcdrops and let OG go. I think we should leave Bellamy on the practice squad for another year. He is fast and has better hands then JM and **** we let him play for the last couple of years. Give DT another chance and draft a top notch wr to be #2 or #3. We can let SS and Snoop compete for return duties and cut the other.

Back
Top Bottom