Wide Receivers in the 2021 draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Receivers in the 2021 draft

boomer10

Club Member
Reaction score
Last year before the draft, I thought that Justin Jefferson was the best WR in last year's class. For what it is worth, I already have the same opinion for this year's draft in 2021. It is not Ja'marr Chase or Jaylen Waddle(even before the injury) or Rondale Moore either.

I think that the guy who will be the next Justin Jefferson for this draft is actually Devonta Smith from Alabama.

I think he has been incredibly productive over the last three years and has already adapted well to Mac Jones style and rhythm as a QB this year.

I have a feeling that Devonta Smith will be the most prolific WR at the next level of all of the prospects coming out. And, he already has a great understanding and connection with Tua!

I have Chase as the best, then Smith. Many say Waddle, but I have always liked Smith over Waddle. I would love to get Smith though, I believe he will be outstanding.

Chase
Smith
Waddle

Last year before the draft, I thought that Justin Jefferson was the best WR in last year's class. For what it is worth, I already have the same opinion for this year's draft in 2021. It is not Ja'marr Chase or Jaylen Waddle(even before the injury) or Rondale Moore either.

I think that the guy who will be the next Justin Jefferson for this draft is actually Devonta Smith from Alabama.

I think he has been incredibly productive over the last three years and has already adapted well to Mac Jones style and rhythm as a QB this year.

I have a feeling that Devonta Smith will be the most prolific WR at the next level of all of the prospects coming out. And, he already has a great understanding and connection with Tua!
Could be. He's an incredibly player. The only thing that may drop him in the eyes of scouts is his slight built. I've seen him mocked late first round, mostly, but I'd love for Miami to get him with that 1b pick.

Personally, I have Chase as my top guy but opting out could mean a slower transition to the NFL. I think Waddle would be an absolutely perfect fit for Miami, a field stretcher next to Parker.

A couple others that I really like that don't get a ton of attention are Marshall from LSU, who reminds me a lot of Parker, Schwartz from Auburn who can absolute fly and Amon-Ra St. Brown from USC, who is a terrific slot guy.

I really think the Dolphins need two wide receivers in the draft. The talent and need are there. Who does Miami really have besides Parker?

I have Chase as the best, then Smith. Many say Waddle, but I have always liked Smith over Waddle. I would love to get Smith though, I believe he will be outstanding.

Chase
Smith
Waddle
Same for me, but I'd be thrilled with any of those three.

What do you guys think of Rondale Moore?
He's probably #4 after Chase, Smith and Waddle. Have only seen him on highlights, though, so maybe someone else would have another perspective.

Me too, and i will add that I also really like Bateman, I have hom 4th
That next group is interesting for me. Bateman, Moore, Marshall, Surratt. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Really talented class this season.

He's probably #4 after Chase, Smith and Waddle. Have only seen him on highlights, though, so maybe someone else would have another perspective.
Same here. Have only seen his highlight tape which I liked. Decided to look him up. As a true freshman he had 112 passes for 1,258 yards with 11 touchdowns. Think he had a couple more TD on the ground too. Sophomore year he got hurt after like 4 games. And I think he opted out this year.

I know weight room number don't always translate to the field but this kid at 180 pounds squated 600 pounds! Pretty damn impressive. In some of those highlights he showed that strength too

I had 10 receivers with top 50 grades last year - I think 11 actually ended up being drafted in the first 50 picks.

I have a dozen receivers right now with top 50 grades. It's another good draft to load up on "rydeouts".... as Bama likes to call 'em.

The glut of wide receivers in this year's draft is yet another reason we we just didn't need to take one last year.

Get the base in... get it established, then cherry pick the type of wide outs that you think will fit within your scheme.

Back
Top Bottom