Wild Card Week: Washington Vs. Tampa Bay Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wild Card Week: Washington Vs. Tampa Bay Thread

Well that should shut up the irascible Bucs fans for a while.

Including the fatass behind me at the Fins-Dolphins game who kept shouting "2-14! 2-14!" and "Ricky, it's ganja man!" over and over.

TerryTate said:
Ah thats it...i knew its been awhile.

the thing is in that game, the movement was sooooooooo small that a lot of people thought it was questionable (although if I remove my bias blinders I think I agree with the call).

at least in the Tampa game it was obvious.

good officiating in that game tonight.

It wasn't. Wasn't even that close.

"When you are going to the ground, even though two feet hit and an elbow hits, when you hit the ground, you have to maintain control of the ball," league officiating director Mike Pereira said. "It's the same at the 50-yard line as it is in the end zone. It's the same inbounds as it is out of bounds. Even though the feet come down first, if the ball comes loose, which it did here, if you don't maintain control of the ball, then it's an incomplete pass."

Wasn't even in reference to this game, but it applies here.

i understand the rule... but i didn't really think he was losing the ball until he was approaching the ground.... when he put his second foot down, i really didn't see the ball as "loose"

PressCoverage said:
i understand the rule... but i didn't really think he was losing the ball until he was approaching the ground.... when he put his second foot down, i really didn't see the ball as "loose"

and that's the rule. The rules while you're catching it as you're going down (and being tackled) in the end zone, according to NFL rules, are the same as if you're in the regular field of play--you must control it as you hit the ground.

Back
Top Bottom