Wilfork done ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilfork done ?

dolphinswin

Starter
Reaction score
A league source tells the Boston Globe's Shalise Manza Young that Patriots NT Vince Wilfork has been diagnosed with a torn Achilles' tendon.

If true, it means Wilfork's season is over, and that the Patriots have a gaping hole on the front line of their defense. Wilfork went down in the first quarter of Sunday night's win, and did not return. Wilfork has missed just six games in 10 NFL seasons, and zero since 2009. Joe Vellano and Chris Jones are next up on the depth chart, though the Pats will likely be in the market for help

A league source tells the Boston Globe's Shalise Manza Young that Patriots NT Vince Wilfork has been diagnosed with a torn Achilles' tendon.

If true, it means Wilfork's season is over, and that the Patriots have a gaping hole on the front line of their defense. Wilfork went down in the first quarter of Sunday night's win, and did not return. Wilfork has missed just six games in 10 NFL seasons, and zero since 2009. Joe Vellano and Chris Jones are next up on the depth chart, though the Pats will likely be in the market for help

This in my humble little opinion is a HUGE loss for them, Wilfork is a walking redwood tree stump and one of the best run stuffers in league forever. They have two other DT rookies that can not hold a candle to this guy, yet alone most veterans cant. I love it and I hate the cheaters.

CBS Sports is reporting Wilfork is done for the year. Given that he is in hise early 30s, this could be a career ender. Regarless, this is a huge loss for the Pats.

They passed their toughest test of the season so far, beating a talented yet beat up Atlanta team in their building. However losing Wilfork is going to hurt them. It may be offset with the return of Gronk and Amendola. Their schedule gets tougher from here on out. They are still IMO a 10 or 11 win team.

They'll sign his wife. She will do just fine clogging the middle.

My predictions-

1. Wilfork will get HUGE without the ability to do any physical activity. He will then go to the Jenny Craig center that Jamarcus Russell went to and drop down to a svelte 375.
2. If she can shoot giant Wilfork babies out of her gina she can shoot the A gap. Pats sign his burly ass wife to play nose tackle.
3. She makes the ProBowl.
4. Seriously- Wilfork's career might be done. A man that big with a bum Achilles isn't a good combo. Hate to see any athlete end their career on an injury, but it might be the best for his long term health.

Very big loss for the Pats as Wilfork is probably the one guy I've seen Pouncey struggle with consistently in his 2+ years in the NFL.

The Pats Run D looked damn good up the middle after Wilfork going down so knowing them they'll have a serviceable solution to last them the season.

AJ Francis may be getting a call up for them as well.

Didn't seem to effect them much last night. Not too big of a deal if they lose him. They will still win regardless

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom