Wilfork done ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilfork done ?

Wilfork really seems like a good guy, so I can't say I'm happy to read this news even if it's for the Patriots.

But more than anything, I don't even think it matters. They will continue to win as long as they have Brady under center.

Pats also don't have Clabo and Jerry sucking up the joint. Tyson Clabo may be worse than Marc Columbo was a few years ago. And yes the backs (Daniel Thomas in particular) getting blown up on blitzes doesn't help.

Not making excuses, but for all the worrying people did about Martin this preseason I think people really took for granted/ignored how bad Clabo looked. The left side has been fine for the most part. The right? yeesh

And while it didn't hurt them last night, it will make things interesting as the season goes on as they won't have somebody in the middle getting double blocks

the pats tackles are way better than ours...

It is exasperating to watch the Patriots lose All-Pro type players one after another and just march right on...if there is a football god Brady will retire soon...he's literally the glue holding all together...

I keep thinking this same thing. They are like the Yankees this year, kept losing players and kept winning; makes me sick.

It's hilarious there's still so much Patriot Paranoia and I'm not talking the few here that are kidding....

I swear some of you guys have patriots underwear on...

It's hilarious there's still so much Patriot Paranoia and I'm not talking the few here that are kidding....

I swear some of you guys have patriots underwear on...

Well if you really need to know, I have my captain America underwear on!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

They passed their toughest test of the season so far, beating a talented yet beat up Atlanta team in their building. However losing Wilfork is going to hurt them. It may be offset with the return of Gronk and Amendola. Their schedule gets tougher from here on out. They are still IMO a 10 or 11 win team.

Wrong, their toughest test will be at Miami!!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

That's huge. He is still a force inside. Miami needs to ramp up their running game big time.

It is a much bigger deal because Wilfork was there best defensemen.

Now teams will go more run and be balanced. Yeah, they will get plays out of the others, but it wont be the same.

Look, it may not matter vs. teams we could beat as well, but it makes a huge difference going against the best. Atlanta got beat down by us and that was evident when they went for it on 4th down in red zone instead of taking the points. They were mentally frustrated about not scoring TD's instead of FG's. So they got stupid vs. BB. thats a no no.

But they should have rammed it down their throats 2 out of 3 times in sets of downs last night. Once again, Mike got outcoached.

One other thing I would add is that the Falcons did not gash them with the run like they did us last week either...even AFTER Wilfork went down.
I don't know what that means really...maybe the Dolphins played more pass defense? Maybe our DLine got handled?
ATL was mentally spent from the first Quarter last week having the ball 13 minutes leading 10 nil only to lose in the last 4 minutes. The Falcons had doubts about themselves beating Brady even in their own barn.

It is a much bigger deal because Wilfork was there best defensemen.

Now teams will go more run and be balanced. Yeah, they will get plays out of the others, but it wont be the same.

Look, it may not matter vs. teams we could beat as well, but it makes a huge difference going against the best. Atlanta got beat down by us and that was evident when they went for it on 4th down in red zone instead of taking the points. They were mentally frustrated about not scoring TD's instead of FG's. So they got stupid vs. BB. thats a no no.

But they should have rammed it down their throats 2 out of 3 times in sets of downs last night. Once again, Mike got outcoached.

They were spent emotionally by MIA - the doubts crept in and they started flat. Smith was absolutely got outcoached

Wrong, their toughest test will be at Miami!!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Well I said "so far" Since The Falcons have been the only above average team the Patriots have faced in their first 4 games. They have a lot of tough games left on their schedule. Which is why I believe they will win 11 games tops.

Big loss for the Patriots. Wilfork has been a force in the middle for years.
The guy has only missed 6 games out of 148 despite being double teamed on almost every play.

In 2009 he went down in week 13 and the Patriots exited the playoff in the opening game after giving up 30 plus points twice in a row.
He is a big part of that defense.

Back
Top Bottom