Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He DID bring a Championship to the city..

Thoughts?

I don't believe he will. Football still rules in the world of sports. Dan stayed on the Dolphins for his entire career and gave so much back to the community it's amazing. Only time will tell what Wade's legacy will be in the state of Florida.

different sports, different type of people, he will not surpass him but be even with him as a miami sports icon....he is still young, marino was great for many years, but wade has the ring....they are even.

as great Wade is and will be Dan will be considered greater in this town even without the ring

I am not that big of a basketball fan, but I do believe if he can keep improving his game he very well can surpass Marino. This kid has more talent then he knows what to do with, just look at what he did in only his third year. He isn't even close to playing his best basketball yet, and when he does start playing his best ball there is no telling what he will do.

Wade has been great in his only 3 years in the league. If he continues to produce at this level throughout his career and stays in Miami, I will have to say that he WILL surpass Marino. He has the ring already. What if he gets another? Wade is phenominal and is only getting better. He's 24, one of if not the best player in the NBA, and has a championship and a finals MVP to show for it. I'm just glad that this city is fortunate enough to have a guy like Marino and one's like Wade and Shaq.

Never. Basketball will never be more popular than Football is.

He's great but without Shaq, they don't win a championship. Marino without a supporting cast couldn't do it either.

"REAL" Dolphins Fans now who owns South Florida. We will see if wade gets as many people going to his Hall of Fame induction if he makes it there. this thread is a joke.

Barry20 said:
"REAL" Dolphins Fans now who owns South Florida. We will see if wade gets as many people going to his Hall of Fame induction if he makes it there. this thread is a joke.

If Wade becomes a legit heir to the "MJ" throne, it will not be a ridiculous thread..

Back
Top Bottom