Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon?

Blueprint said:
Because Dwyane Wade & the Miami Heat DETHROWNED the Detroit Pistons as Conf. Champs. :lol:

You guys beat us this year and I'll admit you just killed the Pistons. But did you firget about the Pistons NBA Finals. We beat the Heat that year as well. So were even.

Alex44 said:
I dont see how anyone can hate such a great person, that gives 10% of their salary away every year, and was doing it BEFORE he was in the NBA

Thats juts being stupid if you hate him.

I like D-Wade for the most part. The only thing I dont like is that he acts so much. He wont even get touched when he shoots. Thats the only thing I do not like.

Straztheman said:
You guys beat us this year and I'll admit you just killed the Pistons. But did you firget about the Pistons NBA Finals. We beat the Heat that year as well. So were even.
No, you didn't. You guys beat us last year and lost in the NBA Finals.

The previous year, it was the Pacers you defeated to get there.......

We torched Detroit & represented the East like it should be represented. :cooldude:

Straztheman said:
I like D-Wade for the most part. The only thing I dont like is that he acts so much. He wont even get touched when he shoots. Thats the only thing I do not like.
What are you talking about? It's not acting, it's trying to jump into a defender in the air to draw a foul after the pump fake, which is completely legal. That's one of the most famous plays in basketball; originated by the great Reggie Miller.

:lol: I love how the strictly Dolphin Fans always get all defensive when you say another Sport/Player/Team is possibly better or could be better then the Football/Fins/Fin Players.

I like all sports, and all my teams are South Florida ones, so I've been there done this.

I did this with a Soccer vs Football discussion. Did this with a Marlins 03 vs Fins discussion. Now I am going to join in on this one.

Wade can definately be a bigger Miami icon then Marino. Everyone has his jersey down here, and the small majority who didn't will have it by Christmas now that they are Champions. He has to still perform at a High Level,and why shouldn't he? His first year here without Shaq he led this team to the Playoffs.

Wade is an AMAZING player. Marino was an AMAZING player. Both are/were great in their respective sports, but Wade already brought a Championship to Miami.

G-Force said:
Here is you some debunkers. How many records does Dan have? How many does Wade have? How many votes did Dan have by the HOF players that were asked who they would want as their starting QB? How many votes has Dwaynie had by the BB HOF'ers? I could go on but you can't get through some peoples ignorance and only ignorant people would read this whole stupid thread. Get real.

:confused:

I've already addressed this stuff in my previous posts. You're preaching to the choir. You're really not telling anybody anything new. Most of us are in "wait and see" mode. You never know. Wade could turn out to be the greatest baller ever.

And what does your post have to do with my previous post?? You said that Wade did little more than play with a bunch of All Stars. I debunked that. So I'm guessing you agree with me??

Again, you should have read the thread.

He already is to me... and you guys may not realize yet but he probably already is in Miami. He already got the champsionship. Plus hes as good as a basketball player as Dan Marino was as a football player and he may not even be in his prime yet. :)

My two cents worth (or less):

Who was the most celibrated sports icon in Miami before Marino? Don Shula.

I love Shula. One of the greatest football coaches of all-time. But how many young fans remember him coaching the fins during the glory days?

My point is time makes great sportsmen into legends, but in time, these legends will fade by the very nature of sports being a "what have you done for me lately" business. If--and that is the operative word here--Wade becomes a Tom Brady like figure in Miami and leads the Heat to a few more championships, I think he will surpass even Marino simply because the new generation of Miami fans will have grown up with him and will relate to him more. But, isn't it nice to have the Shulas, Marinos, and Wades to represent Miami sports?

Something to ponder: In 100 years, assuming the world hasn't blown itself up or south Florida isn't underwater, how many kids will know who Shula, Marino, or Wade is, aside from the fact they ride on a highway named after him everyday on the schoolbus?

sorry again

Has Wade stated that he will finish his carrer in Miami?, cause if not, then this is not going anywere. maybe he will finish with more rings but not from Miami , look at Shaq.

Back
Top Bottom