Will Favre break Dan's career TD record? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Favre break Dan's career TD record?

As much as I love the heart that Brett Favre has he will not break Dan's record. He would have to play 3 more seasons

Yeah, I doubt he will with everything going against him now. 1. Rodgers is the new. 2. O-line is worse than ours was. 3. Walker is gone for the year.

Sad to say but this is (most likely) Favre's last year. I love the guy for his competitive heart, determination, and indestructibility but, this will be his sad swan song.

Don't feel too good. I saw William Henderson this offseason (fullback/GB) , and asked him how long he thought Favre was gonna play. He told me Favre talks like he plans to play 3 more years.(Including this one.) Who really cares if he breaks the record anyway ? He's a class act, and will have earned it.

Just for kicks:

Peyton Manning after 7 seasons: 29442 yards, 216 TDs
Dan Marino after 7 seasons: 27853 yards, 220 TDs

Peyton is a bit off on TDs, but is actually ahead of Dan in yards. That should really give some indication of how good Manning has really been. At his current rate, Peyton is averaging 4206 yards and 30 TDs per season. If he is able to maintain that rate, he will need 8 more seasons to break Marino's all time yardage record, and 7 more to break the all time TD record. This clearly shows Marino's longevity and consistancy. If Manning is going to have a shot at the all time records, he will not only have to prove he can play to the age of 36 or so... but he's going to have to continue playing at or above his current level.

PHINBRED said:
Peyton Manning Is The One To Worry About.

Oh I'm worried about Manning...But that's years away...Favre is on the verge.

CsonkaClone said:
This one is scaring me....Favre only needs 44 to tie Marino's record of 420 TD passes....I don't think he will get it this season especially now that Walker is gone for the year...But do you think he will stick around another year for the record?...:crying:

Favre is done....He is going to have a bad year and he is going to retire, especially now with Walker out.

PHINBRED said:
Peyton Manning Is The One To Worry About.
You beat me to it, Manning is going to be looking at a lot of Marino's records if his health holds out. But as another poster said, "Records are meant to be broken!" :( :

Favre has been getting 30+ TD's a season pretty regularly but he is taking a beating as of late and I dont think he will be around after this season as the starter......he did not look that great in Game 1 and they lost their best receiver. 44 TD's is not that much though and if Favre were to play this year and next year and not miss any games he could get it... but I just dont think he will be around. I think Manning has a good shot at the alltime record, but it looks like the NFL is going towards more mobile QB's and guys who can run so I would think that if Favre or Manning dont beat Dan's record than nobody will.
Manning would get the alltime records around year 14 of his career if he kept at his current pace.

CsonkaClone said:
This one is scaring me....Favre only needs 44 to tie Marino's record of 420 TD passes....I don't think he will get it this season especially now that Walker is gone for the year...But do you think he will stick around another year for the record?...:crying:

My gut says no because I think he's done after this season, plus it looks like he'll struggle w/out Walker to even reach 20 TDs. Also, I don't think the records are as important to his legacy as they were to Dan's. Favre never talks about records at all. If he stays three more seasons, he'd almost definitely do it, but I just don't see it.

And I really hope he doesn't! Would really suck for Dan.

With the way Favre has been playing lately I would say if the Packers don't make the playoffs this year, he's done!

Back
Top Bottom