Will Gase survive this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gase survive this year?

This post is ridiculous.

Is it? Offense stinks! Obvious issues with offensive personnel on the sideline. Players going AWOL. Assistant coach huffing blow in his office before meetings. Said assistant coach videoing the event, while making sexually explicit comments about what he would like to do to a hooker *****. Hooker using the video for revenge and posting it online. Embarrassing the whole organization. He loses a couple in a row with a struggling offense while refusing to make changes to his scheme he is on the hot seat for sure.

Who are we kidding all of the above, Ross will give him an extension and a raise.

Gase doesn't strike me as a quitter -- that's one thing I feel confident in saying about him. In fact, I'm fairly confident he will get it together in year three when he gets his QB back. I'm just severely disappointed right now.

Gase wants to build a winner. He's not going anywhere

He didn't quit, he had an out in his contract and he used it. Big difference.

People will do anything to get out of Buffalo! Literally they will get in a barrel and row themselves over Niagra Falls to escape Buffalo for Canada. Can we really blame Marone for exercising an out clause to escape the earths butthole?!?!

Nah, he won’t quit, that would destroy his NFL career.
You better believe it. Right now he has an owner that likes him and has stood behind him.......to quit now would be a major mistake.

I'm not talking about Gase being fired. First Timmons, now Foerster...5 games into the season and this is enough stress to make some guys quit. If the team doesn't improve and, even worse, if some other shoe drops, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gase resign at the end of the season. Blame would go to Ross and Tannenbaum then.

He'll be here this year and next . . . Minimum

He'll be here this year and next . . . Minimum
Agreed. There's no way he doesn't get a minimum three years after inheriting a **** team and taking them to the postseason as a rookie head coach.

Starting to feel like we've all been too hard on him. I mean, some of the issues have been ridiculous (play calling) but look at the cards he's been dealt. I think I'm going to lay off for the rest of the season. This year is a waste by default.

He's had to deal with quite a bit this year. When most teams starting QB go down in training camp the season is a wash anyway. Not saying you dont do whatever you can to win but I dont know of any others in recent history who have had success for an entire year after their QB went down in TC.

Hes gonna get a pass no matter what happens this year. Thats not even counting the Hurricane, no bye, traveling, Timmons, Mcmillian/Lippett injury, Larsen, Cutler being even worse than he prob expected, now Foerster etc.

They, including him, are going to want to see him and RT together again imo.

Hes gonna be here for awhile. He will take his lumps as a coach too. And will be better for it in the long run.

Good point. Really a challenging season for Gase and the entire team.

In some ways, this season feels like it hasn't started for Miami. Part of that is the hurricane, being displaced and on the road for the first three weeks. Last week's win was pretty huge for this franchise.

I'm not expecting a major turnaround, but I do think Gase will find a way to rebound. Some positives...the team has looked really good in run defense and better as of late against the passing game. The defense, with a few more additions, could be really good.

It's pretty obvious that Miami needs offensive lineman, and a better tight end. That could happen in one offseason. Plus, McMillan's return will help.

Though it's doubtful, what if the season turns around for Gase? Gase is not a quitter, and will never leave his 1st HC Job, but everyone around the NFL can pretty much see what is happening to Miami.

What if Miami by some crazy microscopic chance, is able to turn it around with the type of schedule that awaits them...Gase will look like a Coach of the year Candidate, Hell, Gase will win it pulling away easily.

Reality: Gase having to put up with all of this **** and still somehow winning football games just gives him more leverage going forward for a better contract extension and more say over football operations.

I don't see Gase as the next Nick Saben

Back
Top Bottom