Will Indy fans jump off the Bandwagon like Dolphin fans with Tannehill????? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Indy fans jump off the Bandwagon like Dolphin fans with Tannehill?????

Maybe some fans never jumped on the bandwagon, they have been waiting for him to EARN it through quality play. It's amazing how many fans think Tannehill is the answer. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. But at this point he definitely has not been...6 TD passed, 11 interception, 70.8 QB rating, 0-4 with the game on the line (losing 1 fumble and throwing 3 interceptions). Just maybe the "reasonable" fans are the ones waiting for Tannehill to actually PLAY like a franchise QB before anointing him one.

Why not declare Jonathan Martin our franchise OL, Miller our franchise RB, Oliver our franchise DE, Matthews our franchise WR? Why, because they haven't EARNED it, just like Tannehill hasn't.

What's the difference between NY Jet fans in love with Sanchez and Miami Dolphin fans in love with Tannehill? Absolutely NOTHING...one and the same.

Maybe some fans never jumped on the bandwagon, they have been waiting for him to EARN it through quality play. It's amazing how many fans think Tannehill is the answer. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. But at this point he definitely has not been...6 TD passed, 11 interception, 70.8 QB rating, 0-4 with the game on the line (losing 1 fumble and throwing 3 interceptions). Just maybe the "reasonable" fans are the ones waiting for Tannehill to actually PLAY like a franchise QB before anointing him one.

Why not declare Jonathan Martin our franchise OL, Miller our franchise RB, Oliver our franchise DE, Matthews our franchise WR? Why, because they haven't EARNED it, just like Tannehill hasn't.

What's the difference between NY Jet fans in love with Sanchez and Miami Dolphin fans in love with Tannehill? Absolutely NOTHING...one and the same.

The difference is that Sanchez has had actual weapons and is in his fourth year in the league.

I also love your attempt to hide your bias.. maybe he is a franchise QB but maybe he isnt.... but he isnt because he hasnt proven it in 10 games.

What 0-4 are you talking about?

I get that he should be held responsible for the bills game and Colts game ( he threw for 290 yards, a td, and had a 90 QBR, but be missed a wide open Thomas)

Arizona game- smacked by a freaken free blizer. Of course its his fault.

Jets game- got them in field goal range twice. I believe Armstrong also dropped a pass in his hands that would have gotten them closer.

I count 6 picks that are actually his fault ... Please dont use the word reasonalble to describe yourself... it taints the word.

I would say no, because Luck has shown that he can be clutch and bring his team back. For example, the game against the Packers and the Dolphins. Tannehill does not have a clutch bone in his body. He's had more than a few opportunities to bring his team back and hasn't. Hopefully he will prove me wrong eventually.

I would say no, because Luck has shown that he can be clutch and bring his team back. For example, the game against the Packers and the Dolphins. Tannehill does not have a clutch bone in his body. He's had more than a few opportunities to bring his team back and hasn't. Hopefully he will prove me wrong eventually.

If our CBs could catch Luck would have had 2-3 picks. Please stop. Luck is a much better qb, but that was EXPECTED. In a perfect world, we would have gotten Manning and drafted Tannehill to sit for a year or two like Rodgers, but it didnt happen so the kid ( who is raw as we all knew he was) has to learn on the job.

Like a poster said already, he did put the team in position to win against the Jets and Cards... Not his issue that Carpenter can't kick anymore...

Your posts have zero credibility because you have been ****ting on the guy since before the first snap he took. You can't pass yourself off as an objective (or even semi-objective) observer when you made up your mind and then tried to fit the facts to it.

Your posts have zero credibility because you have been ****ting on the guy since before the first snap he took. You can't pass yourself off as an objective (or even semi-objective) observer when you made up your mind and then tried to fit the facts to it.

This. It seems that the most vocal anti-tannehill people are the ones who proclaimed him a bust since day one. The thing is, I dont see many if any posters completely doing an about face and saying he was a franchise qb a couple of weeks ago to now saying he is a bust and bench him. People are giving legitimate criticism which is fair and valid but those same people who offer that criticism are still saying he is our future at qb and still want him to play.

People are claiming how irrational this board has become after a few loses but what i feel is as equally irrational is saying that now a majority of finheaven is anti tannehill. I think that is an extreme exaggeration. Out of the thousands of posters we have here please tell me these myriad of posters who are proclaiming Tanny is a complete bust. Maybe im wrong but to me its only been a small handful and its usually by people who have deemed him a bust since day one.

In fact it seems that there are more pro-ireland people than tannehill is a bust people which i find completely baffling

One thing about the Patriots is that they do a really good job gameplanning against a flawed Offense. Not saying anything good about Tebow, but they were the first team to put together a plan to slow him down when they got on a roll last year. Then the Steelers arrogantly did not use the plan and lost in the playoffs, only to see the Pats use it again and destroy the Donks in the Dvisional game. If you have watched the Colts this year Wayne has been put all over the place to really help Luck. Wayne is huge for Luck because he is such a comfort level for a rookie QB plus he takes a lot of the other players to constantly win single cover matchups. I am not surprised that the Pats did this because they can put together a plan, just have a hard time executing it against more mature QBS. Tannehill may not be Luck but that is not the end of the world. Hopefully we can find him a few weapons because he does seem to have a lot of natural attributes that play well in this league.

:lol: So I am using common statistics in evaluating the play of QB to fit to my point of view...okay.

6 TD passes, 11 interceptions, 70.8 QB rating, 30th ranked QB in the league, 5 of the 10 games he has posted 50.4 QB rating or lower. Miami has scored 10, 35, 20, 21, 17, 17, 20, 3, and 14 points with him as QB (35 against Oakland had to do with Reggie Bush)...17.4 ppg.

Seriously, let those sink in for just a minute.

The difference is I refer to facts to SUPPORT why I think Tannehill has NOT EARNED the accolades given to him.

Whereas yourself and others don't include facts b/c you have NONE to support your position. So what is offered instead are excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses...and treat them like facts.

BTW I have been totally OPEN to Tannehill proving my suspicions wrong. After the Rams game I was complimentary of him. Of course, then came the next 4 games.

Both sides of the argument around Tannehill are valid at this point and as I pointed out in a separate thread the difference is entitlement verse earned credit. I can understand why people would say they are not on the Tannehill wagon yet, I clearly understand their point of view, it has to do with earned credibility. Prove to me that you are deserving of me being on your wagon and I will hop on. That point of view is absolutely fine but you have to give the kid time to prove himself and 10 NFL starts is not enough time to prove anything, at least not in my eyes.

Now we have the other side of the coin, the side I am on along with 3/4 of the site and Miami fans in general, entitlement. Tannehill is going to bring the franchise to greatness again and I am on his wagon until he proves I need to hop off. 10 games isn't a large enough body of work to prove to me that I need to hop off so I will bide my time.

The two thing that both sides of the argument have in common are the collective body of work and the lack of sample size to prove either way which side is right at the moment and both sides want to be on Tannehill's wagon at some point.

:lol: So I am using common statistics in evaluating the play of QB to fit to my point of view...okay.

6 TD passes, 11 interceptions, 70.8 QB rating, 30th ranked QB in the league, 5 of the 10 games he has posted 50.4 QB rating or lower. Miami has scored 10, 35, 20, 21, 17, 17, 20, 3, and 14 points with him as QB (35 against Oakland had to do with Reggie Bush)...17.4 ppg.

Seriously, let those sink in for just a minute.

The difference is I refer to facts to SUPPORT why I think Tannehill has NOT EARNED the accolades given to him.

Whereas yourself and others don't include facts b/c you have NONE to support your position. So what is offered instead are excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses...and treat them like facts.

BTW I have been totally OPEN to Tannehill proving my suspicions wrong. After the Rams game I was complimentary of him. Of course, then came the next 4 games.

Are you saying that, based solely on statistics through 10 games, Tannehill has 0% chance of being a legit franchise QB in this league? If not 0%, what do you think his chances are?

Back
Top Bottom