Will Marino attract P. Manning? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Marino attract P. Manning?

wonderl33t

Club Member
Reaction score
It's been known that Peyton idolizes Marino, right? Marino as an admin could be a token to make Peyton want to join Miami this offseason...

thinkingabout this , it can probably happen.. maybe not peyton but some other qb that marino thinks is real good.. maybe brooks or someone else..

Originally posted by dolfans1988
thinkingabout this , it can probably happen.. maybe not peyton but some other qb that marino thinks is real good.. maybe brooks or someone else..

That would be kick-*** without a doubt

Interesting. It certainly makes it exciting for any QB looking to come here.

wow arent we faced with a conundrum....Peyton wins the Superbowl (or gets there) he more than likely stays in Indy, but if he loses, that means the pats get in....

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I want Peyton here Bad!

Cmon guys, Peyton is not coming to Miami!

Indy may as well fold up their team if they let Payton go. It's not going to happen.

C-wag, Peyton coming here was a faint possibility but now its somewhat a possibility, he idolizes dan the man and would be honored to play for him, and im sure Dan thinks of him the same way....

The talk wouldve really kicked up if the Colts got knocked out early again...

I see the colts keeping him this year, but will probably be playing with a bunch of arena leaguers and scrub players, cause they sure as heck cant keep Harrison or Edgerrin, and maybe even Freeney...

Manning would probebly cost 15 million a year.......

I don't think Manning is going anywhere. He is a grown man he is thinking about himself he likes Indy he likes the loud crowd he likes the money. I don't think he would leave because someone in Head of Football Operations no matter who is there. Now he might would go for a certain HC but he has got one of the best coaches in Dungy.

I think with the way Manning has played these past two playoff games, no there is no way he leaves Indy. They could end up in the super bowl and he's now put aside those criticisms that he can't win the big game. He played as close to perfect in two playoff games as a QB can get, it could be the best stretch of two playoff games in the HISTORY of the NFL. Manning now knows that the Colts franchise is capable of advancing in the playoffs, and the franchise now knows that Manning is capable of winning the big game, so there won't be anything to impede them from signing Manning long term after the Super Bowl during the re-signing period.

We know that the Colts can't franchise him because he would count 18 million against the cap. BUT, they CAN re-sign him before free agency even begins, and with the good relations between the two that comes from their playoff success, that will happen a lot easier than people suspect.

Originally posted by wonderl33t
It's been known that Peyton idolizes Marino, right? Marino as an admin could be a token to make Peyton want to join Miami this offseason...

If the colts had faltered in their first playoff game again I think Manning might have moved on....but he's on fire in the playoffs and the Colts are doing well. I doubt he goes anywhere now.

Back
Top Bottom