Will Miami be in salary cap hell in 2014 ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami be in salary cap hell in 2014 ??

A few things to remember. One, THIS year's draft is as much as finding replacements for next year as it is finding help for this year. Two, the cap situation is fine for next year to do work re-signing some of our own guys. Three, the player development needs to continue at a high level from this staff.

The Fins are fine.

This is what I think will happen with these guys...
Paul Soliai...going on 30, might bring him back because I like the wide body
Randy Starks...would let him walk. Can already be replaced by Odrick if need be.
Dustin Keller...let's see what he does, but another TE should be drafted by the end of round 4
Richie Incognito...let him walk.
Chris Clemons...let's see what he does this year. Good player. Demand will once again be lacking I assume.
Davone Bess...will be cut after the draft once the Fins draft a younger, cheaper option in the slot. Still a good, reliable player
Reshad Jones...Sign or Tag
Dan Carpenter...I like Carp, but he is replaceable. Maybe this year.
John Denney...Good LS. Will not be in demand.
John Jerry...Replaceable. Good eat his way off of the team. Maybe he is motivated in the walk year.
Koa Misi...Not a special player. If they want him back, they could get him. Don't sleep on Thomas Howard being signed and beating Misi out this year.
Nolan Carroll...Needs to be replaced NOW

While there are a lot of names, I am not sure that there is much there outside of Jones, Keller and the DT's. Jones should be held on to and maybe signed this summer. Let's see Keller's work this year and the DT's are getting older anyways.

This team is set up well.

To be fair to the OP, he brings up that the Fins have many impending FA's (left out newly signed Grimes and Louis). However, one year deals make for more cap flexibility and perhaps hungry players. If they are not hungry or successful, you can get out from underneath them the following year.

What I like about the OP is he indirectly states the case for finding 2014 FA's replacements NOW.

Back
Top Bottom