will miami be ranked #1 in next year's preseason polls? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will miami be ranked #1 in next year's preseason polls?

kastofsna120

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
discuss. USC is losing leinart, and probably bush and white, as well as some defensive players and i believe 3 o-linemen (justice included). texas is going to get slaughtered by USC in the rose bowl, so voters for next year will have less confidence in vince young and his merry men. miami is returning tons of players, and the players they're losing already have guys getting in plenty of playing time behind them. kyle wright will be a junior and an easy preseason heisman candidate. so could they be #1? or be relegated to #2 behind texas?

If Texas gets manhandled like you say they will, and Bama takes a loss(almost a given) and we win out, I definitely think we should be #1, considering that we are returning almost every starter on both sides of the ball, with great players stepping in where we aren't. Next year is our year, no matter where we are ranked before the season.

My Preseason 2006 Top 10:

1) Miami
2) Texas
3) Notre Dame
4) Va. Tech
5) Florida State
6) Florida
7) LSU
8) Ohio State
9) USC
10) Penn State

NorthFloridaFin said:
My Preseason 2006 Top 10:

1) Miami
2) Texas
3) Notre Dame
4) Va. Tech
5) Florida State
6) Florida
7) LSU
8) Ohio State
9) USC
10) Penn State

First of all, I'm sick of preseason polls because they influence the way the rest of the year is played out. If a team starts at 1 or 2 and goes undefeated, they're in the nat'l championship. But if, say, USC, Texas, and Bama go undefeated like this year, Bama gets screwed because the other two were expected to be good.

And why is Florida always in the top 10 preseason?

RWhitney014 said:
First of all, I'm sick of preseason polls because they influence the way the rest of the year is played out. If a team starts at 1 or 2 and goes undefeated, they're in the nat'l championship. But if, say, USC, Texas, and Bama go undefeated like this year, Bama gets screwed because the other two were expected to be good.

1: preseason polls are going nowhere
2: florida is always loaded with talent

kastofsna120 said:
1: preseason polls are going nowhere
2: florida is always loaded with talent

1) Doesn't mean I can't dislike them.
2) Talent doesn't always equal wins. See Mets, New York.

RWhitney014 said:
1) Doesn't mean I can't dislike them.
2) Talent doesn't always equal wins. See Mets, New York.
1: doesn't mean i can't disagree with your disliking
2: see every single team that has won a national championship in college football. TONS of talent

kastofsna120 said:
1: doesn't mean i can't disagree with your disliking
2: see every single team that has won a national championship in college football. TONS of talent

1: Numbered list are so in right now.
2: Florida will be ranked high in the preseason polls; agreed they are talented.

Notre Dame has lots of young players, and the media LOVES ND for some damn reason... so if they don't lose another game... they could end up 1 or 2. Miami will definitely be in the top 3 though. Not so sure about Wright being a heisman candidate that quickly... if he has a good year next year, then I say he is a candidate for his Senior year.

RWhitney014 said:

Just so LSU can beat them again and cause all their fans to pout. :D

Oboy said:
Not so sure about Wright being a heisman candidate that quickly... if he has a good year next year, then I say he is a candidate for his Senior year.
why? usually the QB of the team that's preseason #1 is automatically a heisman candidate

kastofsna120 said:
discuss. USC is losing leinart, and probably bush and white, as well as some defensive players and i believe 3 o-linemen (justice included). texas is going to get slaughtered by USC in the rose bowl, so voters for next year will have less confidence in vince young and his merry men. miami is returning tons of players, and the players they're losing already have guys getting in plenty of playing time behind them. kyle wright will be a junior and an easy preseason heisman candidate. so could they be #1? or be relegated to #2 behind texas?

i dont see Texas getting slaughtered....i think Texas can win actually

Back
Top Bottom