will miami be ranked #1 in next year's preseason polls? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

will miami be ranked #1 in next year's preseason polls?

USC will be #1. New Qb will be John David Booty a blue chip guy who's better then Matt Lienart.

RWhitney014 said:
First of all, I'm sick of preseason polls because they influence the way the rest of the year is played out. If a team starts at 1 or 2 and goes undefeated, they're in the nat'l championship. But if, say, USC, Texas, and Bama go undefeated like this year, Bama gets screwed because the other two were expected to be good.

And why is Florida always in the top 10 preseason?
Yea and its bull too because if Bama goes undeafeted they deserve to be 1 with there schedule. IF they win out they will have beaten: Gators, Aubern, LSU, Tenn., and Georgia

NorthFloridaFin said:
My Preseason 2006 Top 10:

1) Miami
2) Texas
3) Notre Dame
4) Va. Tech
5) Florida State
6) Florida
7) LSU
8) Ohio State
9) USC
10) Penn State
Bama should be in the top 10

Amars said:
USC will be #1. New Qb will be John David Booty a blue chip guy who's better then Matt Lienart.
say bye bye to reggie bush, lendale white, winston justice, dominque byrd, darnell bing....booty is unproven, no way are they preseason #1

kastofsna120 said:
say bye bye to reggie bush, lendale white, winston justice, dominque byrd, darnell bing....booty is unproven, no way are they preseason #1

IMO I think White, Justice, and Bing will all stay

Didn't we already discuss this in another thread. I'll copy & paste what I said.

It's hard to look ahead to say what teams will be preranked where because we don't know who's returning.

If Bush & White return to USC & they win it all they'll probably remain #1 because JD Booty is quite capable & has the football pedigree.

If both Bush & White decide to leave & Texas returns Vince Young the hype surrounding him could cause them to be rated #1 which wouldn't be substanciated.

If all three decide to high tail it & Brady Quinn decides to stick around Notre Dame will be #1 & the list goes on...

Think preseason will be if all juniors remain (notable seniors leaving):
1-USC (Leinart, Byrd, Lutui, Rucker, Startz)
2-Texas (Scott, Allen, Wright, Dibbles, Harris, Griffin, Huff)
3-Notre Dame (Stovall, Fasano, LeVoir, Hoyte)
4-Miami (S.Moss, Winston, Harris, Nanton, Carroll, McIntosh, Jennings, Maxey, Threat)
5-LSU (Addai, Green, Whitworth, Livings, Wroten, K.Williams, Vaughn, Prude)
6-Virginia Tech (Imoh, Humes, King, Montgomery, Butler, Tapp, J.Williams, Hamilton)

Think it should be:
1-USC
2-Miami
3-Notre Dame
4-LSU
5-Virginia Tech
6-Texas

Oboy said:
Notre Dame has lots of young players, and the media LOVES ND for some damn reason... so if they don't lose another game... they could end up 1 or 2.

This helps Notre Dame out a lot. Same thing with Vince Young & Texas.

Back
Top Bottom