Will this injury effect Boston for the rest of his career/life? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will this injury effect Boston for the rest of his career/life?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Any Docs around?

If so, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he retired..

We may have 3 MAJOR holes to fill on O next offseason..

Best course of action may be to sign edge, draft Mike Williams/Leinart depending on whether or not we tank or do respectable..

:shakeno:

I highly doubt that he will ever be the same again. I have not known of many athletes that have fully recovered from this injury and returned to football, the other two injuries that are death to a football career are disc problems and achilles tears. The dolphins need to get another guy now because boston will not be as fast next year

SkapePhin said:
Any Docs around?

If so, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he retired..

We may have 3 MAJOR holes to fill on O next offseason..

Best course of action may be to sign edge, draft Mike Williams/Leinart depending on whether or not we tank or do respectable..

:shakeno:

Excellent :up:

Finally a thread about D Boston and how this injury will affect him and his playing career ....

Hopefully he will be able to come back from this but when I read about what actually happened this sorta reminded me of the Yatil Green situation ...

:blues:

Marino1983

lol take it from me, i played football in HS, ripped my tendon, had surgery--since the surgery, i lost alot of speed, i am not even close to the same, i if i dont wear a knee brace i blow it out again. and it hurts from time to time yet. but since the surgery even with the brace i blew it out about 5 more times. sounds like boston did rip his tendon, so ya sounds like bad news to me since i had the same thing.

Does it bother you in everyday activities or just when you try to do atheletic things?

well it still bothers me in everyday things--not to bad thou, i mean i have --no idea how to spell it but i have arthritus in there already so that doesnt help any. but its mostly just playing football and basketball or running.

Im sure Boston will get the best medical care possible and look at someone like Lee Evans or McGahee, Tore up their knee's and are still fast as hell. A health nut like Boston is sure to rebound and hes still young enough where hes not in his prime.

saves said:
Im sure Boston will get the best medical care possible and look at someone like Lee Evans or McGahee, Tore up their knee's and are still fast as hell. A health nut like Boston is sure to rebound and hes still young enough where hes not in his prime.
im no expert, but what everyone saying is this is diffrent then all those other sits. this is far more serious.

saves said:
Is this the same knee he tore up with AZ?

Boston is too big for his frame... unless he drops pounds he'll continue to have problems.

knee ligament injuries are not the same as tendon injuries, tendons retract when torn and you lose their ability to stretch forever, he will never be the same no matter what kind of care he gets that is the plain truth

well the difference between evans and mcgahee was they were alot younger. They do heal alot better and took there time with the healing. It's a shame Boston got hurt he was working so hard. Hopefully they will give him as long as he needs to recover. If I'm not mistaken, Boston has injured his legs more than once too. So I wouldn't be suprised if he called it a career.

Bonedoc7777 said:
knee ligament injuries are not the same as tendon injuries, tendons retract when torn and you lose their ability to stretch forever, he will never be the same no matter what kind of care he gets that is the plain truth
I see. Would they tear because of excess weight? I would think being so heavy and loosing all that weight would have made his tendons and ligaments stronger and more flexible at his much lighter current weight.

ligament tissue is very coarse and strong, it is for stability, tears in ligaments scar better then tendons, tendons are rubber bands when torn they lose there integrity, it is not a bad thing in say the elbow or shoulder in which weight bearing is not important, but in the knee it is death, he will have problems with his quad since it attaches to the lower leg by the patellar tendon which will be weaker, he will lose burst and cutting in my opinion forever, he may still be able to play but not at the level he is used to

Im not doubting your information, but are you in the medical field or just payed attention well during Anatomy class.

Back
Top Bottom