Will this injury effect Boston for the rest of his career/life? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will this injury effect Boston for the rest of his career/life?

psirus716 said:
well the difference between evans and mcgahee was they were alot younger.

D Boston is only 25 or 26 years old !

:D

Marino1983

psirus716 said:
well the difference between evans and mcgahee was they were alot younger. They do heal alot better and took there time with the healing. It's a shame Boston got hurt he was working so hard. Hopefully they will give him as long as he needs to recover. If I'm not mistaken, Boston has injured his legs more than once too. So I wouldn't be suprised if he called it a career.

The difference is that Evans and McGahee tore their anterior cruciate ligaments, where this is a patellar tendon injury.

JR Tolver had surgery on his patellar tendon in December, but I'm curious if his was a rupture or an avulsion. I was in on a total knee arthroplasty where we avulsed the patellar tendon. We had to take a suture anchor to tack that bastard back down.

KBISBACK said:
JR Tolver had surgery on his patellar tendon in December, but I'm curious if his was a rupture or an avulsion. I was in on a total knee arthroplasty where we avulsed the patellar tendon. We had to take a suture anchor to tack that bastard back down.

:yikes:

Marino1983

boston had the same injury in the other leg a couple years ago and he came back this year.so i think he might come back from this,but we will have to wait and see.

It is an 80% chance that he will never play again......at least NOT at the level he was used too.

This is a VERY serious injury folks.

saves said:
Coming from the man who was the first to say is was just a sprain.

WRONG...coming from the man that reported what the AP was saying.......don't saddle me with what the MIAMI DOLPHINS told anybody that would listen yesterday of what was up with Boston.

Don't kill the messenger because you don't like the message.

saves said:
Coming from the man who was the first to say is was just a sprain.
Come on, don't shoot the messenger. He got that information from a quote in an article that quoted Wanny saying they believed it was a strain.

I know this offseason is hell, but we don't need to take it out on each other. We are all Dolphin fans here.

EDIT: heh,heh Section beat me to it.

okayokay....your avatar scares me

SkapePhin said:
Any Docs around?

If so, I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he retired..

We may have 3 MAJOR holes to fill on O next offseason..

Best course of action may be to sign edge, draft Mike Williams/Leinart depending on whether or not we tank or do respectable..

:shakeno:

It's supposed to be to the other leg, so it's hard to argue that he'll be injured every season he's with us. At least it's not the leg itself that's causing it. It's just as much coincidental because of the fabulous shape he's in. We won't be in a position to draft Mike Williams and at this point I wouldn't draft a WR in the first round, anyway.

That's saying the severity of the injury doesn't keep him from playing at a high level forever. I might have misunderstood the post.

Boston has had a history of leg problems.If you look at his body his upper body is much more developed than his lower legs.It doesnt take an expert to project that someday the law of gravity i.e.weight bearing would cause a serious injury.I remember clearly that when he was signed Jim Mandich reported that he already had some inside info that DB already had some complications on that part of the body..The Fin medical staff overlooked that particular item.

As someone pointed out earlier, Boston had the same injury to his right leg two years ago. He came back after that injury and was faster as I recall. He ran like a 4.29 40 after the rehab.

Also, considering how hard the guy works in the weight room, most injuries of this type, it all depends on how hard you rehab immediately following the injury. Not a doctor (hopefully he can verify this), but I did have the ACL reconstruction.

Bottom line is, I think he will be back strong next year.

Two famous players in other sports suffered the same injury. Wilt Chamberlin suffered a torn tendon in late 1969 at age 33. Wilt was actually able to return just prior to the 1970 playoffs. Wilt somewhat chaged his game afterward becoming more of a team player rather than a dominator. Pedro Guerrero of the Dodgers(after a near MVP quality season)tore his tendon on a stupid slide into 3rd base during a 1986 spring training game. Guerrero actually managed to play a few games late in the 1986 season. In 1987 he had a very good season hitting .338 with 27 home runs and 89 rbi's.

Back
Top Bottom