Will we get more FA's between now and the draft, or after the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will we get more FA's between now and the draft, or after the draft?

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score

1) We have a little money to spend now and continue to interview potential players.

2) We will have more money after the draft - but not much more and we will probably want to reserve some money in order to get replacement players for players who get injured this season.

So, if we do pick up more FA's, will it be before or after the draft?

1) We have a little money to spend now and continue to interview potential players.

2) We will have more money after the draft - but not much more and we will probably want to reserve some money in order to get replacement players for players who get injured this season.

Apparently yes. 😂

I don't think they are looking to sign any FAs, beyond very inexpensive ones. The seem to be trying to keep the max number of comp picks.

Bear in mind, not everyone is technically a FA.

OBJ, for example, is not a FA, he was "cut" by Baltimore and would not count against the comp formula.

And the Silence of the Lamm!

Depends what happens with the 3rd WR spot that the team's looking for.

Capologists can correct me, but I think we only have 4M left and need to sign draft picks. After June we will free up X’s money.

Could see OBJ or another vet receiver before the draft. I think they wait on adding to the OL until after. Maybe another vet edge guy if we don’t draft one high. Definitely need 1 more capable safety to add to Holland/Poyer although I do wonder if Needham gets some reps there.

After May 1st any team can sign a F/A without it counting against the Comp Pick Formula. So it's possible and very likely Miami gets back into the F/A game. Question is, who fits? And how much?

I don't think they are looking to sign any FAs, beyond very inexpensive ones. The seem to be trying to keep the max number of comp picks.

Bear in mind, not everyone is technically a FA.

OBJ, for example, is not a FA, he was "cut" by Baltimore and would not count against the comp formula.
Didnt realize that about OBJ

nice factoid

but yeah, I wouldve said no, but here we are bringing Lamm back.

Back
Top Bottom