Will we get more FA's between now and the draft, or after the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will we get more FA's between now and the draft, or after the draft?

After May 1st any team can sign a F/A without it counting against the Comp Pick Formula. So it's possible and very likely Miami gets back into the F/A game. Question is, who fits? And how much?
Maybe a safety? Risner? Def think we will see some moves after June too

At some point, before or after the draft, I predict we sign Dalton Risner, Quandre Diggs, and OBJ.

At some point, before or after the draft, I predict we sign Dalton Risner, Quandre Diggs, and OBJ.
I don’t see Risner as a scheme fit. But if we sign Diggs and OBJ, I’m going streaking.

Agree with a lot of what's been said here...

Post June signings and handshake deals

To do more would be to restructure Hill or Chubb, and I think they are specifically avoiding that.

Agree with a lot of what's been said here...

Post June signings and handshake deals

To do more would be to restructure Hill or Chubb, and I think they are specifically avoiding that.
Chubb was restructured two weeks ago.

Chubb was restructured two weeks ago.
I do not believe it was anything like a maximum restructure however.
Now, the data at OTC could be inaccurate, but it is not showing multiple void years.
Thus far, they've resisted turning it into a cap bomb.
I think they've avoided that thus far.

I do not believe it was anything like a maximum restructure however.
Now, the data at OTC could be inaccurate, but it is not showing multiple void years.
Thus far, they've resisted turning it into a cap bomb.
I think they've avoided that thus far.
It created 11m in cap space.
Miami converted $13.75 million of Chubb's base salary into a signing bonus, spreading the remainder of the cap hit over future years to save the team approximately $11 million in 2024, according to ESPN. Chubb had been set to hit Miami's books for around $26.9 million in 2024, but will instead have a more manageable cap number of $15.85 million, according to over the Cap.

It created 11m in cap space.
Miami converted $13.75 million of Chubb's base salary into a signing bonus, spreading the remainder of the cap hit over future years to save the team approximately $11 million in 2024, according to ESPN. Chubb had been set to hit Miami's books for around $26.9 million in 2024, but will instead have a more manageable cap number of $15.85 million, according to over the Cap.
Yes...
But a maximum restructure would have created even more space.

Add several void years to that and you could have brought it down even more.

Yes...
But a maximum restructure would have created even more space.

Add several void years to that and you could have brought it down even more.
It's still pretty significant, and you seemed to be saying they had not restructured him at all.

No... that was not my intent.

As 'restructuring' goes, his was minor.
Then all our other restructurings must have been minor too.
And I doubt they would restructure him again this off season. So their restructuring of Chubb is done for now.

Then all our other restructurings must have been minor too.
And I doubt they would restructure him again this off season. So their restructuring of Chubb is done for now.
There is a distinct difference between a restructure with one year left on the contract vs. one with several years left upon it.
A contract like Chubb's gave us the ability to smooth out the cap hit, and it is why I did not fear.. or credit it much.

Now... if they had added three void years, then all of it would come immediately due upon termination.

I believe that the two situations are much different from one another.

I think it makes more sense to wait until after the draft to sign more FA's so we will then know what our more pressing needs are.

Back
Top Bottom