Williams' speech to Saints: Hurt the 49ers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams' speech to Saints: Hurt the 49ers

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
On the day that members of the Saints' brass will have their appeals heard for their roles in New Orleans' bounty system, damning audio has been released of Gregg Williams, the man who orchestrated the program, instructing his players to injure San Francisco 49ers players in their wild-card playoff game last season. Williams, the Saints' former defensive coordinator, did not appeal his indefinite suspension by the NFL. As first reported by Yahoo! Sports, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon, who directed the ESPN 30 for 30 film "Run Ricky Run," has released an audio recording that he says is a speech Williams gave to Saints defensive players the night before the team lost to the 49ers in a playoff game in January. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...rleans-saints-hurt-san-francisco-49ers-speech

In before unnecessary ripping of fans who wanted Jeff Fisher hired!

Well Williams should not be upset about the NFL "being nasty" to him. What a freakin idiot to say things in front of cameras the way he did. I, for one, like that Goodell is a ball breaker. I think it is good for the direction of the league to know you are held to a higher standard. In a league chock full of thugs and criminals it's nice to know someone is setting the boundaries.

Very interesting..I think Williams may be banned for life.

Im really starting to get annoyed with this hole thing, whats really annoying is how saints fans still dont believe they broke any rules. Gettin the lousiana senate involved in this also, they are really embarassinng themselves. There acting like sean payton and gregg williams are what wins them games when everyone knows the only thing that wins them games is drew brees.

Heard worse in pop warner, highschool and college. So just about every coach offensively and defensively need to be kicked out of football. We need to only have coaches like Tony Dungy. Hell head basketball coaches speak as such.

i don't know what's worse.the fact that this exists and how ****ed up it is....

...or the FACT that they failed to do ALL THAT **** and the niners basically had their best offensive performance since steve young and jerry rice were in their primes. imao!

and BTW,people at work better keep their head on a swivel. im about to get my terry tate impression on.

Heard worse in pop warner, highschool and college. So just about every coach offensively and defensively need to be kicked out of football. We need to only have coaches like Tony Dungy. Hell head basketball coaches speak as such.

I was just about to say this. Other than the references to money, my Highschool football coach sounds a heck of a lot like Williams. I think people who've never been in a locker room are a little more shocked at the language than we are.

I was just about to say this. Other than the references to money, my Highschool football coach sounds a heck of a lot like Williams. I think people who've never been in a locker room are a little more shocked at the language than we are.

People have to understand, this is a game where players on defense and offense sacrifice their bodies. Coaches motivate players to go out and sacrifice your body time and time again for the game by making over the top speeches by using military corelations or saying take a player out or kill the head or put some hurt out there. If the league is serious to eliminate violent play in football, they will have to continue to remove physical contact. We are heading to the direction where you can only hand block and hand tackle if tackling at all.

Are many of you that shock players and coaches talk in football?

People have to understand, this is a game where players on defense and offense sacrifice their bodies. Coaches motivate players to go out and sacrifice your body time and time again for the game by making over the top speeches by using military corelations or saying take a player out or kill the head or put some hurt out there. If the league is serious to eliminate violent play in football, they will have to continue to remove physical contact. We are heading to the direction where you can only hand block and hand tackle if tackling at all.

Are many of you that shock players and coaches talk in football?

It's funny, my highschool coach would use that phrase "kill the head, and the body will fall" religiously during film & before almost every game in reference to the opposing quarterback.

Our QB knew the other team probably felt the same way about him, which is why we have so much protection for the QB's, but when they finally got to him, they wanted to make sure he felt it.

I don't think bounty programs should be in place in the NFL or any level of football for that matter, but knocking out opposing players is always going to be a part of the game, & aside from the talk of financial compensation, I'm not particularly offended by his speech.

"banning him for life" is ludicrous I think.

What was he supposed to say? Go make friends out there?

Back
Top Bottom