Win This Year Or Else | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win This Year Or Else

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for reading this post now because my posts usually get taken off this board very quickly. Why, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I think its becoming very apparent that this is a win or else year. We're all familiar with the many problems this offseason, including the reluctant extension for Wanny, the hiring and quitting of Dan Marino, McIntosh's premature signing announcement and then injury announcement, Ricky getting popped, McMike getting busted, and on and on and on.

Its apparent to me that either we win big this year or this group is gone. That means we find a way to sign O-Gun and we also pick up another WR.
This is a win now year, which also means that Feeley must impress in camp and the exhibition season or Fiedler gets the nod.

There's just no way this staff stands up to the onslaught of criticism from another disappointing year. Too many embarrassing moments this offseason and too many angry and unyielding fans to put with a bad or mediocre season. I think its win now or else, which will influence decisions made from here out. Spielman won't trade Wale for a future draft pick and I don't think we can go with Thompson as a 3rd WR.

One crazy idea I had was to trade Wale and Wade Smith for Samuels and Gardener. It could help us win now with a great LT and 3rd WR and it helps Washington get rid of a potential free agency problem by getting O-Gun for Samuels, and a cheap replacement at LT who is very coachable. Under the great Joe Bugel, I bet Wade Smith would do pretty well.

Of course, this deal only makes sense for us if we feel Samuels still has it and can be signed to a reasonable deal.

Whatever it takes, we've got to win this year. Wanny won't last through another disappointing season.

If the fins don't make the playoffs, wanny knows he is gone. Hopefully this will light a fire under him and be more agressive with how the game plan is being used. Need to open up the offense and enough of this conservative stuff. If the other teams defense has to guard against the pass, it will open up ricky and the running game. The time is know and I think Dave knows it.

Cannonboy said:
If the fins don't make the playoffs, wanny knows he is gone. Hopefully this will light a fire under him and be more agressive with how the game plan is being used. Need to open up the offense and enough of this conservative stuff. If the other teams defense has to guard against the pass, it will open up ricky and the running game. The time is know and I think Dave knows it.
another question, how did shula justify it all those years?

I don't think WR is a problem we have talent at that position. I think we are pretty deep there. We have Sam and J.r. also young I think they just need playing time. Our OLINE is a ? because they are unproven but I think they will be fine.

FiN.in.RI said:
injuries aside
I don't think that will save Wanny's job this year. I usually wouldn't feel this way but it shouldn't. Well unless they lose Ricky, Chambers, Taylor and still make the playoffs.....then maybe.

I hope we win every year! Why is this year any different than any of the last 38. That's what every team wants to do. :cool: . My question to all the Wanny haters is (who do you think can do a better job?) There are no proven winning head coaches available. College coaches have not been producing any Champioships as of late. Washington failed with one, Cleveland is a mess, and not going anywhere. Granted, we all want to win the SB, but, to ask for Wanny's head without a legitimate replacement is not a wise move. Many will talk of the many coordinators who "might" be the answer, but they are unproven as well. I don't disagree with the desire to win and win now, but realistically, we have a very good head coach who has a 65% winning percentage. No coach in the AFC East can claim that. Maybe Wanny should be fired if the Fins go 16-0 and lose the first playoff game. :confused: The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, just looks that way at times. :lol:

Gary Miles said:
I hope we win every year! Why is this year any different than any of the last 38. That's what every team wants to do. :cool: . My question to all the Wanny haters is (who do you think can do a better job?) There are no proven winning head coaches available. College coaches have not been producing any Champioships as of late. Washington failed with one, Cleveland is a mess, and not going anywhere. Granted, we all want to win the SB, but, to ask for Wanny's head without a legitimate replacement is not a wise move. Many will talk of the many coordinators who "might" be the answer, but they are unproven as well. I don't disagree with the desire to win and win now, but realistically, we have a very good head coach who has a 65% winning percentage. No coach in the AFC East can claim that. Maybe Wanny should be fired if the Fins go 16-0 and lose the first playoff game. :confused: The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, just looks that way at times. :lol:
Being an Iowa boy I say the Kirk Ferentz will be an awesome NFL head coach. He already has experience (cleveland and Baltimore), and he coaches O-line better than any college coach in the country (ask robert gallery).

FinFan57 said:
Its apparent to me that either we win big this year or this group is gone. That means we find a way to sign O-Gun and we also pick up another WR.
This is a win now year, which also means that Feeley must impress in camp and the exhibition season or Fiedler gets the nod.
Now by group to you mean the coaching staff or the players or both? I would agree if we dont win (win=a good playoff run) then its time to clean house. As for the players, I think we have an excellent group of players and breaking them up would be a huge mistake.

Dave is only here now because he was in the rare position of winning 10 games and not getting in the playoffs. That hadn't happened since sometime in the 90s with SF I think. Wayne knew he was a little unfortunate losing the tiebreaker to the crappy broncos when they didn't even play each other. I think he wanted to let him have one last chance just to make sure. He did win 10 games, coaches don't usually get fired after 10 win seasons.

FinFan57 said:
Thanks for reading this post now because my posts usually get taken off this board very quickly. Why, I'm not sure.

:confused:

I'm not sure either. What the heck are you talking about?? All you're posts are still here.....unless you're unaware that there's more than one page per forum (down at the bottom right of the screen). You had one thread moved two months ago because it was simply a rant about the Patriots (hence moved to Beasts).

Doesnt matter what we think.It only matters what Wayne thinks and that is a direct reflection of what the people that he respects think.JJ ? Dan ? Who knows who the next one will be.

FinFan57 said:

Anyway, I think its becoming very apparent that this is a win or else year. We're all familiar with the many problems this offseason, including the reluctant extension for Wanny, the hiring and quitting of Dan Marino, McIntosh's premature signing announcement and then injury announcement, Ricky getting popped, McMike getting busted, and on and on and on.

There's just no way this staff stands up to the onslaught of criticism from another disappointing year. Too many embarrassing moments this offseason and too many angry and unyielding fans to put with a bad or mediocre season. I think its win now or else, which will influence decisions made from here out. Spielman won't trade Wale for a future draft pick and I don't think we can go with Thompson as a 3rd WR.

One crazy idea I had was to trade Wale and Wade Smith for Samuels and Gardener. It could help us win now with a great LT and 3rd WR and it helps Washington get rid of a potential free agency problem by getting O-Gun for Samuels, and a cheap replacement at LT who is very coachable. Under the great Joe Bugel, I bet Wade Smith would do pretty well.

Of course, this deal only makes sense for us if we feel Samuels still has it and can be signed to a reasonable deal.

Whatever it takes, we've got to win this year. Wanny won't last through another disappointing season.
This is win now, and for years to come, thts the Dolphins strategy. There working so they neevr have to go on an all out rebuilding like Arizona. There doing a good job at it to, there whole offence is young, and they have some young talent on the D tht theylll keep adding to evry year. That trade will never go down, were not talking to the Skins nemore. They think Samuels is worth too much, and they think were making Ogunleye worth too much. So where do u say we pick up this third reciever. Last time i checked the FA wasnt loaded with WR talent.

Back
Top Bottom